Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Santa Eulalia?
10 Posts
picking a hotel is your choice really.i would go for the fiesta hotel don carlos.

http://www.fiestahotelgroup.com/en/Hotels/Destination/Spain/Balearic-Islands-Ibiza/Santa-Eulalia/Fiesta-Hotel-Don-Carlos

prom is nice in s/e.for trips you could use the tour op you go with.but you can get boat trips to other resort from s/e.or get a bus which is easy.es cana and cala longa are both close by.tour ops charge a lot for the trips.i would just go on the island tour one if i was you.and go by bus to other places you fancy.

san an is on the other side of island.es cana and cala longa are either side of s/e.all you can get a bus from s/e.and ibiza town.playa den bossa you need to get a bus to ibizatown then a bus to pdb,

boats go from s/e to Formentera which is a nice day out.s/e is a working town resort so shops are like back home.
After trying other resorts we have settled on Santa Eulalia for the last 7 years and think it is the best place on the island unless you're in your teens or twenties! It has a gorgeous promenade, lovely shops and restaurants and is more upmarket than some of the other places. I would endorse the Fiesta Don Carlos as a choice of hotel (Thomson) It has a great location and the food is wonderful. I have already booked there for next year!
Hi
Been to Santa Eulalia on 2 occaisons, lst time stayed at Hotel Roimar had a beautiful seaview from our room, beach was 10yards from hotel, only problem was no aircon,our room was ok but the rooms at the back of the hotel got very hot. 2nd time last year we stayed at Ses Estaque Hotel which was a Thomson Gold so a bit more pricey but was lovely. Room had a view of the sea, marina and pool, must have been on of the best rooms to have. Sunbeds at the hotel were on the sea front with lovely peaceful setting.
Both hotels are at opp ends of the promanade so both are good for a evening walk.
We loved it in Sta Eulalia very pretty resort.
M
Thanks everyone who has replied so far, all good info. We are also looking at Turkey so not made up minds just yet!

Cheers!
Tony
We have looked at the Sol Ibiza hotel reports on here but latest is 2009, on other review sites the reviews are quite positive, I was wondering if anybody on here had been more recently?

Tony
not been but seen this hotel.stands away from the main centre of s/e.so a short walk into town.which is good so you will not hear noise from traffic.right on sea front as well.nice walk into resort past the marina.or via road.
the tres torres is nice,overlooks the marina :cheers
Thanks to EVERYONE who replied.

We have settled on the Sol Ibiza Hotel in Santa Eulalia and cannot wait, we have booked with Thomas Cook and the only thing was they could not guarantee a sea view so we will e mail the hotel and request one and see if we are lucky?

As this is our first time to Ibiza we are really looking forward to the holiday and will post a review on our return.

Tony
Hi been three times to Sol Ibiza, would reccomend it, never had a problem when we have asked for a sea view room,we usually e-mail about 10 days in advance, hope you have a great time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.