Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
SANTA EULALIA
29 Posts
Does this help?

http://www.balearic-jobs.com/images/santa_eulalia_map.jpg

Also a map available from Amazon at £4.99 which includes an entire island map as well as individual detailed town maps (including Santa Eulalia).. click here to see it on the Amazon site.
Thanks for that,any more info will be most welcome - going to have a look/purchase the map at amazon
We have stayed at the C'an Sanso apartments 3 times and they are really nice.They are situated on the Santa E to Es Canar road about a 15-20 min walk from Santa E town beach and shops/restaurants. There is a smaller beach (Niu Bleu) about a 10 min walk from the apartments the other way, towards Es Canar.
I think you will have a great time at these apartments as we have every time we have stayed there.
Thank you Janner - good info.
If you are that way, you should check out the Mango's sea front bar, its set in a cove near to the Santa Eulalia hotel (also just off the road from Santa Eu to Es Cana). Its a really nice place, does decent food and the main point is its really friendly and family oriented. The staff make you feel at home. It is run by Pedro, a native Ibizian and Mark, an English man, so its a good place for the locals to mix with the English tourists in front of the open med.
Spike, if you want to know anything else about the C'an Sanso apartments don't hesitate to ask.
As balearicjobs has said Mangoes is well worth a vsit and its only 5 mins walk away.
Cheers Janner,the one thing that has cropped up on reviews (some had probs some hadn't) was a 'smell' in the air at certain times ?
Thanks balearicjobs - have jotted quite a bit of info for restaurants down and Mango's seems popular.Looks like we have picked a decent resort,i can't do with the overload of Brit eating places though,much prefer the 'hidden gems'
Janner,i love the beach to the pool but don't like being packed in like sardines -which would be the best choice,not bothered if there are sunbeds or not.
Thanks again for your responses,Spike.
There are definetly plenty of hidden gems in Santa Eulalia, probably the best town on the island for them. It is probably the most Catlan influenced coastal town on the island.

I forget what is is called but there is also a very nice Tapa's bar near to where you are, but only for the brave and its not very touristy and is heavily used by the Ibizian workers - and I figure if they are the most qualified to know which is best! They do have menu's in english though, so its not all hard work however the waiting staff do not speak english, so it might be best to figure out a few basic langugage words! :D It's a great place if you have never tried authentic tapas before and there are a few Catalan variations if you have!

My tip, drink Cana's, theses are small glasses of draft beer (just under half a pint) but will only set you back a euro at a time (max) as its the workers choice as well! To ask, say something like "Para Mee, una cana, por favour" (spelt as an english person would say it rather than the spanish spelling) Basically means "I'll have one small beer please"

I have marked out where the Tapa's bar is if you want to give it a go...

http://www.balearic-jobs.com/images/se_mapcustom.jpg
Cheers mate - i love the Tapa's bars,got stuck in one in Majorca with the locals watching Barcalona v Real Madrid,never had so many free beers bought !! as for the food,started off with olives/mushrooms/squid and up to prawns etc.. great night out,as for the language - they struggled as much as i did but a few hand signals did the trick,beats any Brit owned Kareoke bars anytime.
Brit owned Kareoke bars anytime.

Lets agree never speak about the above again! Make me shudder and go into a cold sweat everytime! :lol: I say we pretend, and hopefully they will go away!

Have a fantasic holiday!

Remember, no matter what your wife/partner says, the Aloli is worth it!
Spike, Have stayed in Santa E quite a few times but cant say I noticed any unpleasant smells there. As regards to the beaches I was surprised how quiet they were - no stepping over people to get to the water. There is always plenty of room and you are not sat on top of each other. The busiest day was Sunday and even then it was not too bad. The beach gets cleaned regulary and the water is really nice & clean.
You have to pass the tapas bar that was mentioned previously on your way into town and is well worth popping in.
I think that the tapas bar you are talking about is Noelia's, they do huge tapas portions and a really good set priced lunch too. When you are in Santa Eulalia you should also check out Liquido in the marina. It looks expensive but it isn't, they play great music, have great cocktails and they don't allow kids in so you can relax in peace.
I think that the tapas bar you are talking about is Noelia's, they do huge tapas portions and a really good set priced lunch too. When you are in Santa Eulalia you should also check out Liquido in the marina. It looks expensive but it isn't, they play great music, have great cocktails and they don't allow kids in so you can relax in peace.

That's a good point actually, remember to ask for medium portions of each - asking for three or four full portions could be a gluttonous mistake. :lol:
Cheers mate - i love the Tapa's bars,got stuck in one in Majorca with the locals watching Barcalona v Real Madrid,never had so many free beers bought !! as for the food,started off with olives/mushrooms/squid and up to prawns etc.. great night out,as for the language - they struggled as much as i did but a few hand signals did the trick,beats any Brit owned Kareoke bars anytime.

No problem by the way, just remember that the price of taking my advice is that you have to instruct your local rugby league team Leeds Rhinos to loose to my team, Hull FC on August 27th in the final. :lol:
Thanks again for all the help provided.
Balearicjobs - just to let you know,yes i'm from Leeds but support the poor sods across the other side of town (Hunslet Hawks) i hate the Rhinos and will be wishing a win for the black and whites !!
Thanks again for all the help provided.
Balearicjobs - just to let you know,yes i'm from Leeds but support the poor sods across the other side of town (Hunslet Hawks) i hate the Rhinos and will be wishing a win for the black and whites !!

We've got it this year, I can feel it in me bones! :lol:

Maybe that feeling is them knocking together as I am getting so nervous. Oh and there is the little matter of me getting married the day before the final and yes I am going to Cardiff the day after my wedding! :lol:
Ahem gentlemen ever so slightly :offtop
Well ok then, if you wanted to watch Hull FC's victorious and well deserved, momentus victory in the Challenge Cup final in Santa Eulalia, Ibiza then the best place to do this would be the Queen Victoria Pub :lol:

:bawl Sorry Mr/Mrs/Miss Moderator! I think I have just been repremanded. I'm off to sit in a corder now with my finger of my lips :D I was doing so well as well! :lol:
Stayed at Can Sanso 5 years ago, & had a great time. We've been back to Santa Eulalia every year since, & are due back mid-september this year.

The restaurant is Noelia, I did a little review in the Restaurant Guide thread on this page. As has been mentioned earlier, it can be hard work with the lingo but it's well worth it. The foods fantastic & well priced.

Mangos is also a great spot for an afternoon snack & a few Mahous. Straight out of Can Sanso, cross main road, & down the street directly in front of you, heading towards the sea.

However there are so many quality restaurants & bars in the resort that I'm sure you'll not be disappointed. Just ask if you need any more info.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.