General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
It was quite obvious they hadn't done any research on Marmaris!
I dont know which travel agent the couple today booked with, but Marmaris and Gumbet are two places you dont go to for a quiet holiday.
I have been really surprised at this series how most people have not looked on review sites before booking. :que
srhjnmgn wrote:
As for getting what you pay for. I still maintain that if you book a 4 star holiday, no matter what you pay, you should get 4 star. A lot of these places are serving food that I wouldnt serve as pig slop its disgusting, some of the rooms are just awful and the grounds are shocking.

Oh I agree, if you are paying for 4* you should get it. The problem is a lot of these places advertised as 4* are worse than 1* :yikes
But it all depends on the reality and official definition of 4 STAR accommodation.

Standards differ in different countries, sometimes there's no official grading and sometimes 'stars' are awarded for the number of rooms etc rather than quality or facilities offered. And indeed some holiday companies have their own grading systems which have nothing to do with what the holiday maker may associate with 'star' gradings seen in the UK.
I watched it cos I recognised that hotel palmesol on benalmadena...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.