General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Save my holiday!
66 Posts
I saw this as well this morning. It seemed to me to be a spin-off from Holidays from Hell, very similar anyway.
If it makes people aware of the pitfalls of certain hotels so much the better IMO.
That sounds good, *wanders off to bbc to read about it*
I couldnt decide if it was "staged" as when the woman at the Litera phoned her Travel agent in the UK(Presumably Goldtrail) and was told they had not received any other complaints she asked the agent that if she looked on holiday forums in the UK she wouldnt see and bad reviews.
I wondered if she had read the bad reviews after booking. :que
My parents were telling me about this but they couldn't remember the name of the hotel in Bodrum, I guessed it may have been the Club Aqua but Litera Relax doesn't surprise me!
hotel did not include AC despite being AI
- but does booking AI guarantee air conditioning?
Have just seen this post. I also saw the programme and have just put a warning out on the Insurance forum. Never had it entered my head that if you went to the day hospital you had to declare that. Poor family got a bill for 80 Euros!!
I think you mean €80,000 not €80 :)

Judith
Thank you Judith for correcting that. Yes I did mean 80,000 Euros!!
!!
if you have missed it both episodes 1&2 can be seen on the bbc I player

yasus
wizard
Its on 11am on BBC 1
It features a hotel in Marmaris tomorrow,My bet is it another Litera hotel or the Club Armar :yikes
Steve,whilst being AI does not guarantee AC,I think the family featured had not been told it was extra by their travel agent.
Their holiday was in July they presumed it was included because they mentioned their son asthma when they werent told otherwise by their travel agent. :que
Thank goodness for holiday forums. :tup
Kedi,The hotel was the Litera Relax and they were then moved to the Club Aqua by the BBC ,but they left as there was no cot supplied for their 2 year old and they said it wasnt much better than the Litera.
They paid to go to another hotel themselves which wasnt mentioned but the bedspreads and curtains looked the same as the Parkim Ayaz, :rofl
I not seen or heard about this at all - I have watched the holidays from hell - and count my blessing that I have never had a really bad holiday.
Its worth watching on i player or Sky+ it as its on for 3 weeks.
I must admit I think if I was being offered a hotel in July for 2 weeks at £300 each AI alarm bells would start ringing.
Even if people have not got access to the internet some member of their family will have to check out the hotels before booking.
I have looked through the listings and Turkey features quite a lot but Egypt is featured next Monday.
Thanks J Trip will check out BBCi Player then :cheers
It's on at 11am whoop whoop and I'm off sick watching daytime tv so something good for a change.
Did anyone notice that although the hotel featured today was in Marmaris all the footage behind the male presenter was of beautiful Icmeler? :sun2
Today it also featured Cappadocia which I hope to return to some day as its an amazing place. :tup
Cappadocia. That is the most amazing place I have ever set eyes on. We went on a 2 day trip there and I took loads of photos. A young man invited us into his "fairy Chimneys" house and we went into the underground city. Got home and discovered my camera had not been working so had no photos after all. I was heartbroken!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.