Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Scooters
10 Posts
Personaly, I'd ban all the scooters. Recently returned form Bodrum where people ride thier scooters on all the pavements and pedestrian walkways, they are dangerous and a flipping nuisance. Bah humbug!!
Just handy to get up into the hills and visit the little villages and bays
Personally, I'd be glad that someone had to have a bike test licence to hire a scooter. The amount of people I've seen in Greece in particular with huge raw scrapes on their bodies as their bare skin makes contact with the hard road at 40 miles an hour. Some wearing no lids either.
Any change which keeps unqualified scooter riders off the roads has to be a step forward.
Turkeys roads are scary enough without having novice riders batting about, no offence to you Ian but I've seen some people rat assed and then hop on a scooter with a passenger and weave their way through the traffic at speed, no lids either.
it was forbidden last year to drive a scooter without A licence.
Fine is nice- 600 YTL from the scooter owner that why no chance for you to get it without licence.
Why would I be offended Marchmont? I'm happy that unqualified riders are prevented from riding these machines - in fact I'd like to see them banned from the beaches whether the rider is qualified or not.
Didn't think you would be but just that you were not able to hire as you didn't have the licence. I've riden bikes on and off for 20 odd years now , I don't think I would ride one abroad though.
Lost count of the times I have seen scooters and mopeds being driven on the pavements ,and also things like a driver, a pillion on the back, a child sitting on the handlebars and a dog sitting between the drivers legs ,makes you wonder if the turks are required to have a test ,or do they just chance it. :shrug

Bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.