Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
The weather should be lovely then Linzi. As far as I know the Tropical Sol is a decent enough hotel, we have had customers stay there and have not heard any complaints.

If you like loud bars and house music the Strip is right up your alley, if you prefer a better mix of styles and music the Old Town would be more suitable. But the Strip and Old Town are not a million miles apart, and there is one of those little tourist trains to ferry you from one to the other, plus plenty of busses, and a taxi between the two will only cost about €4. From Tropical Sol it would probably take about 15-20 minutes to walk to the Old Town, and about 5 minutes to The Strip.
Stayed at the Tropical Sol a few years ago. Nice and clean, nice pool. 5 mins walk to the strip. Did walk to the old town about 30 minutes. Got the tourist train back, was just a few euros I think. It runs till early hours of the morning. Have a high floor if you go as some of the rooms on the ground floor have doors that open near enough on to the road. Nice small bar in there, young couple ran it, forgot their names.
In May the weather should be fine. It's March and it's great!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.