Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Short break
12 Posts
Sounds like La Pineda may be your best bet. It's a bit more "compact" than Salou itself with everything in easy walking distance, although transfer times to either resort is probably no more than about 20 minutes. Sorry can't help with Hotels (check out the reviews page which may provide some pointers)
It depends on your budget really. The Blau Mar in Salou is in a lovely location right on the seafront facing the promenade, its also in a good location for shops and bars. As everyone is saying how quiet the resorts are this year, I fear that La Pineda maybe effectively closed come October. Salou will probably be quiet as well, but its guaranteed there will still be places open.

The Magnolia is also a good hotel only 2 minutes from the beach.

Both hotels are located in flat areas of Salou and there is no need to have to go up any hills should you decide to go wondering about.

Another option close to the beach and in a flat area is the Salou Princess which has a really nice pool area and nice decoration but it is only a 3*, but I would say a high end 3*.

Mark
Thanks for the input. Can you please advise on Salou -
Golden Avendia Suites Aparthotel have a very good offer on at the moment but I am not sure about the position.
We want a flat walk to the beach, shops and bars.
The other is the Blaumar Hotel but it is much dearer so if the position of the Avendia is OK, I think we wll go for that but please give me your view.
Minibus transfers are aout £40 which seems expensive when compared to Majorca or Costa Del Sol. Is that the norm?
We will only be there for 3 nights and won't be able to go far afield so any advice about the area, bars, tabacs, etc would be greatly appreciated.
Miss Pink, why aren't you tucked up in bed? Sorry, off topic!
:offtop Got a big and buzy day and head buzzing so up with the birds, bits on OTL - catch u later honey bunny xxx
:wave: there's an airport bus ,it seems, that's only about 10euros(read this in another topic)check it out first. hotels..any of the h10 ones are great. just back from the vil.la romana and it was very good.
Thanks for your help. Can anyone advisel me how I can access a street map of Salou as the Travel Agents don't seem to do one and also tell me where the tobacconist are (and good bars while I'm at it!!!)
Any other advice would be appreciated because we won't be there for long but want to make the most of it!
Hi Suzie ... you may find some useful links in THIS topic.

David :wave
Thanks David. Very comprehensive - now I think I will be reading for more days about Salou than the time we will actually spend there!!! :D
Excellent site and so good to read other travellers opinions!
Thanks Mark. Wished I had listened to you! Just returned from Salou and don't think the Blau Mar can be beaten.
Next time you give your opinion, please quote me - best hotel and position but unfortunately, we did not take your advice this time. They are closing next week and reopening March so if anyone is undecided where to go next year, please think about staying in that hotel - you will not be disappointed!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.