General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The Algarve can be pretty reliable early May, and it's a similar flight time.
I've done a few days there a few times. People think I'm mad travelling that far for 2 or 3 nights, but time wise it's the same for me as travelling to say Blackpool.
Palma is worth doing as well for a few days, a great break.

Robby :wink:
great thanks, i did look at the algarve but wasnt sure of the weather at that time we can get 4 nights for £165 each sc so that sounds good to me! also seen salou for simlar price but half board but ive read that the weather is not so reliable at the begining of may, im not expecting it to be red hot or anything but nice enough to sunbathe would be lovley, is palma a city or a beach holiday? (sorry for sounding thick! lol) thanks for your reply cant wait to get booked up!
Palma is a city with great shopping, and sightseeing. It has a large port where many cruise ships dock. I would also recommend La Carrihuela in Costa Del Sol, right in the middle between Torremolinos and Benalmedena. We went at the end of March last year and had lovely weather.
ok, think wed prefer a beach hol as we wont have much money for shopping! and just want to relax by the pool/beach an have a few nice nights out, ill have a look at costa del sol helen, thanks
is palma a city or a beach holiday?

I normally stay in Playa de Palma and bus it in. Another advantage it is close to the airport.
Some great eating in Palma.
La Carihuela as suggested is also worth a look, done that a few times as well for a short break, again near the airport and cheap as chips to get there by train from the airport.

Robby :wink:
we got a week at whitsun hols in May for two adults and one child to Costa Brava, App Esmereldas with Thomson. Only £700. I bet for the week before whit it'd be a lot cheaper too!
Linzilou

I can confirm that the Algarve is hot enough to get sunstoke and end up looking like a lobster from early May onwards - and I wasn't even sunbathing!!! The sea might be a bit cool though, especially the western end.
We went to Majorca at the end of April/beginning of May a few years ago - the weather was gorgeous! We had a thunderstorm one afternoon after a cloudy morning, but the rest of the two weeks were lovely, hot enough for bikinis in the day but not overwhelmingly hot like it can be in July/August :-D
You might be able to do Malta for a four night break. Havent checked flight schedules but I assume it's not just charters that goe there.

Malta has chain hotels like the Hilton, Raddison, Westin, Intercontinental etc and I am sure you could book direct with them and get the specific number of nights you want. The weather there should be good in May. Think the flight is three hours, but transfers are quick as it's a small Island.
We were in the Algarve for ten days early May 2008, and have to say the weather was quite unsettled, certainly too cool for the beach on a number of days. However May 2007 we had a weeks glorious weather...so you take your chance really at that time of year.
thanks all, havnt booked anything yet but thinking about the algarve, ill see wot my fiance says, although i no know what hel say- its up to you i dont mind, not much help really! lol
what about madeira we were there in dec and got very cheap flights from easy jet about £45 each return , lots of lovely things to see, beaches arent great but weather should be nice , we really enjoyed our 5 night break

tunisia and morocco are other options away from the euro prices
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.