Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Should i cancel?
19 Posts
take me with you then please :wink:
6th april is a few months off - - - hold on
yummymummy
I agree with graymond, do nothing yet.....he may be ok to go when the time comes.
Thanks , thats what i thought, we go exactly 9 weeks today so he should be ok. Hopefully he will be
even if he's not well enough I'm sure there will be lots of HTers out there so you'll find someone to meet up with who you know of through here even if you've never actually met them.

The Weds meet up might be a good place to start

I wouldn't cancel.
Fingers crossed for you! I broke my ankle a couple of years ago and was in plaster for 8 weeks.He may have less time in plaster. What are the doctors saying?
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your husbands leg. Hopefully he will be ok to go but if not when I was there last year I found everyone very welcoming and friendly so you would have no problem on your own with a child.

Hope it works out well for you :gluck
stop it you lot take me take me :lol:
Fiona's right.

Plaster will come off 6/8 weeks for a cracked bone in your leg.

If it's snapped - ouch, that's gone thro me!! - could be more like 16weeks when the plaster comes off.

I talk from experience I am a rugby player even now (old git) and have had both happen to my legs.

The leg will be weak cos all of the muscles will need rebuilding. So getting around may be a slight problem. But if it's the lesser of the two I'm sure he'll cope with all of the cheap transport around.

Anyway what a way to convelesce 8) 8)

McGroogle
I have no knowledge of broken bones etc. But if what Mc groogle says is right about the muscles needing building up, will a long flight be safe, thinking about DVT. You won't be able to have the extra legroom seats near the emergency exits so if your on a Monarch flight :cry:
Do you need to inform insurance company straight away? or do you have time to wait and see.

del949
Hello thanks for everyones comments. The doctor said it was a clean brake, he was in agony. I thought he was being soft and thought it was a sprained ankle until i saw the bone. not good . Thats why the doctors are advising him not to go, because of the DVT risk on a long haul flight. I know that goans are very friendly with children as i took my son when he was 6 months old with my husband two years ago, but im worried about being on my own with my child in a foreign country. I suppose i should count myself lucky that i love Goa and have been 3 times before so its not as if im going somewhere ive never been.
As for the insurance, ive not got a clue. ive not got any travel insurance yet :? im very unorganised and leave everything to the last minute.
As you didnt have insurance at the time of your husbands accident you will lose all your money unless someone takes his place.If you dont go you will lose all your money.
Thats what i thought so thats why im trying to find someone to take his place. Why does it have to happen a couple of months before our holiday, he should have got an office job like me, but he says he doesnt want to become an accountant like i do as they're all boring :o how cheeky! im getting a bit off topic, think i better stop before fiona shouts at me :oops:
It looks like ill be going with my nephew and son. They play really well together so that will give me chance to read a book on the beach :)
If anyone sees a woman in baga/calangute area,mid twenties with a toddler and 13year old lad feel free to say hello , before i go insane :)
Just go. If the worst came to the worst you can get much better medical treatment in Goa/India than you can in our wating lists/country
hotxbun,
if they take your advice and"just go", and things come to the worst, safety aside, they could face very large medical bills and even the cost of air ambulance home. remember they have no insurance cover.
del949
Yes your right del, i dont fancy paying a huge medical bill when we get back. Will the insurers still insure him if we tell them about his leg ? im sure they'll charge a higher premium because hes more at risk of getting dvt etc
Sorry about this, my husbands just informed me he took out insurance cover from jewel in the crown holidays when he made our holiday booking but it was only the standard insurance.
as far as I know even standard insurance sahould cover you for cancellation in the event of accident to one of the party.
BUT i doubt that it would cover for medical costs arising in Goa for a medical condition that was known about before travel.
If you do decide to go , hubby included, give them a ring beofre to confirm that you are covered, there will probably be a bit extra tp pay

del949
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.