Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
I always stay in Siesta as I think its the nicest part of Santa Eulalia. Having done a lot of research for this years holiday I found a Spanish accomodation website called Niumba (there is an English language version!) This had loads of private apartments in Siesta and I've just returned from a fantastic stay in the Aldea Bonsai apartments which back onto the river just behind the childrens' playground and were really quiet with beautiful gardens. Other popular apartments are the Siesta Mar which is a large complex with a massive pool but not quite as near the river. If you need any more info I'm happy to supply it!
Thankyou Librarianne I think we went past those last year I will google them and see what it comes up with.Did you use that website?Also were the apartments high or low rise as we would prefer garden type apartments.I checked out Siesta Mar before when we were there and would prefer to be further down,but they looked very nice.Was there aircon in the Aldea?Where else have you stayed in Siesta?We are late fifties so there won't be children with us,just me and otherhalf.
Thanks Again if you come up with any other info I would be very grateful to hear from you.

Best Wishes Mary.
Mary,
If you go onto the Niumba website and do a search by clicking onto Illes Balears and then Santa eularia des riu you will find lots of apartments. To complicate things slightly, it doesnt give apartment names but addresses, so anything in Street/Calle Ficus will be Aldea Bonsai. There are lots of photos to look at and you will then be able to find what looks best. They are only two stories and would not be suitable for people with mobility problems unless you stayed in a ground floor apartment. We always used to stay at the Don Carlos hotel in the same area but there are so many nice restaurants and bars in Siesta that we like doing our own thing now! The other company which have these apartments on their books is Interhome which also have a website. In fact, we actually booked through Interhome in the end as they seemed cheaper. If you want any restaurant recommendations , you can't beat Paella
or Siesta Grill within a couple of minutes walk, and we love the Titanic Bar where we've met loads of locals and ex-pats! Forgot to mention, Aldea does have aircon, microwaves etc! Best wishes, Librarianne.
Hi can you remember what number you had.I have seen a review by someone who stayed in 49b and also one being rented out private.We ate at a restaurant two or three times called something like Ibiza but it had a letter in front of it.It was up by villas del sol it was very good.I have seen the Paella recommended before also.
Thanks Mary.
Mary,
It was 49b ! Its definately one of the best there from what the reception people told me. It is on the first floor and has a fabulous view of the pool. It is only rented out by Interhome. Was the restaurant called Albissa ? Have never been in it but have heard good things from other people. Hope you get something sorted! Makes me want to go back already and I've only been home for 5 days!!
Yes I think it was called that.I know what you mea about only being back five days and wanting to go again.We just got back last friday from our favourite place S'Algar in Menorca.Been going 28years now.Last week though we didn't get the accomodation we had booked.Should have been on the frontline with beautiful seaviews but travelrepublic/Medhotels took extra £140 for the seaview and there wasn't one available,I was fuming as the day we arrived was our 38th wedding aniversary.So I though maybe the next holiday might be in Ibiza as we liked Santa Eulalia it seems to have everything.

Mary.

P.S can you request certain apartments.
As Aldea is mainly a time-share complex, there are only limited private apartments for rent, several of which are on Niumba and Interhome websites. You can ring the complex and they will rent out apartments but you can't specify certain ones. Seemed quite pricey. Interhome have three, one of which is 49b. You can ring them as they have an office in the uk.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.