Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
For those members that have stayed at these apartments and whish to submit a review here on Holidaytruths, please...... click here

Mark :D
Taxi from Airport to Siesta will cost you around €25 to €30 depending on how generously you tip.
Should be no more than 25 - 30 euros... ok if there are 4 of you minimum. Plenty of taxis from airport but you might have a hard job booking one back to the airport at the end of the holiday.

Never stayed at the Siesta Mar but heard very good things.. Siesta is a quiet suburb of Santa Eulalia quiet and relaxing but close to the town should you need a bit of night life.

Enjoy your hols :D
Hello The_Js (and anyone else reading this forum.)

Are you back from the Siesta Mar Apartments now?
I'd love to hear what you thought of the apartments and grounds. I'm ready to book a 10-day stay there right now but it would be great to hear how your hols went.

I'm particularly interested to know about noise, the walk to Santa Eulalia, the grounds, if the ground floor apartments have closed in terraces and are the grounds/pool safe for small children (aged 4 years and 1 year)?

Many thanks,
Karen
Welcome Karen.

It was actually June 2006 that The_Js were going and unfortunately they didn't bother to return to the forum to tell us how things went. :que

Hopefully someone who has been recently may now see your post and pop in here with some info for you.

David :wave
:whoops
Oops - silly me for not spotting the obvious!

I haven't seen many recent reviews for Siesta Mar so I'm really hoping there's someone out there who can share more recent experiences.
Happy hols everyone!
Karen
I don't think you will find many reviews of the Siesta Mar apartments as they are only booked through Ibiza Spotlight (think it was me who may have told you about them on another forum!) They won't be widely known in this country as most people book through the big tour operators. I have walked through the complex and was impressed with the gardens and large pool. There are mainly families there, mostly from Germany, Scandinavia etc but there are reviews on Ibiza Spotlight from British people. The apartments look as if they are quite old but well kept and in early June seemed very quiet. Can't tell you much more except that there is a good supermarket opposite and more supermarkets and 2 bars who do food just up the road. I love Siesta myself and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Santa Eulalia.
Thanks for all the advice. We are now booked at the Siesta Mar apartments.

We need a baby highchair whilst we are in Ibiza but the accomodation can't provide one. We can hire one for Eur3 per day. This seems a bit steep especially when you can buy one from Ikea in San Antonio for Eur18! Any suggestions? Is there a baby equipment shop in Santa Eulalia for instance?

Thanks!
if not there would be a shop in ibiza town..but i would hire one. get them to phone a taxi up for return to airport.you pay a bit extra thats all.
We're back and after all the helpful Forum comments I thought I should add my own feedback.

Our party: 2 adults, 2 children (aged 4 and 1)
Our accom: Siesta Mar Apartments, Block: 'Dolores', Apartment no 1, ground floor, 2 bedrooms.
Dates of travel: 4-15 Sept 2010

The resorts of Siesta and Santa Eulalia
Siesta is a semi-residential suburb of Santa Eulalia. It has a small beach with a beach bar which we walked to but as was the same distance from our apartment to the main Santa Eulalia beaches, we spent our 'beach days' on the larger beaches in the opposite direction. There were a handful of restaurants. I can think of 7 very close to our apartments but we only ate at one - The Siesta Grill which was lovely (a great ambience, a simple barbecue menu but delicious and good value). Siesta had at least 4 small supermarkets including one which the locals use for top-up shops and a couple sold souvenirs/postcards/li-los etc. There is an ATM machine near the Don Carlos hotel. We couldn't find a taxi rank but our reception desk would call one for 75c. It is a 20 minute walk to the centre of Santa Eulalia. Downhill to the river footbridge and then a pleasant stroll along the pedestrianised beach front promenade to the restaurants and shops in Santa Eulalia.
Santa Eulalia seemed a very chilled place - beach front bars, cafes, icecream parlours and several smarter restaurants at the marina. There was one road slightly in-land with Tapas bars jostling for position with two indian restaurants and a Chinese restaurant. There was good shopping too - not just souvenirs but 'real' shops too (clothes, hardware, baby equipment, a small department store) Loads of banks and ATMs. The beach was lovely with soft pale yellow sand. The sea with shallow and warm but there were patches of seaweed. Loads of sunbeds and parasols to hire (10.5Eur at the Siesta end of the beach). Some water fun was available: banana boat, big doughnut ride, pedaloes, jetskis. There is a regular ferry service to Ibiza town and Es Cana too.

The Siesta Mar complex
The apartments were built in the 1960s and they look pretty typical of the area. There are 8 blocks of apartments each with about 20 apartments over 3 storeys. The blocks face inwards over really beautiful well-tended gardens with curved paths throughout. It was very lush and peaceful. In the centre are 2 free-form shaped swimming pools. The largest one was much bigger than I was expecting and quite deep too - shallowing off to three wide steps which was great for children to play on. The smaller one was perfect for small children too. There was plenty of sunbeds advertised at 2EUR each but we were never asked for money. Parasols were available from behind the bar but we didn't need any as one side of the area, including the children's pool, was partically shaded from midday onwards. There was a poolside bar serving lunches and drinks all day. There was just one night of evening entertainment - a Flamenco show - which suited us. We prefer to be entertained outside of our hotel/apartments and walk back for a quiet night's sleep. There was a pool table and some arcade games too. Oh, and a parrot! Reception was straightforward and helpful - safe deposit boxes available, advice on places to visit and was open 9am-1pm and 4pm-8pm. The apartments did not seem very busy. There was a mixture of permanent residents, second homes and let apartments. I think a German/Dutch tour operator offers accomodation there but no British ones.
When we arrived we were dismayed to see an enormous crane and a building site right beside the complex but while we were there, no work was done at all. I guess that building work goes on over the winter months.

Our apartment
The apartment was basic, functional and relatively spacious. The main bedroom had twin beds (comfortable) pushed together and a double fitted wardrobe. Bedroom two had two separate single beds and a single fitted wardrobe. It was easy to fit an extra cot/z-bed into that bedroom. There was a shower room (no bath). The kitcehn/eating/lounge area were all one room. Kitchen area with a 4 ring hob, oven, fridgefreezer, microwave, kettle, toaster, coffee machine. There was space to eat inside at a dining table or outside on the balcony/terrace (we were ground floor) There was a lounge area with 4 easy chairs, coffee table and small TV with lots of German channels but only BBC world and CNN in english. We had several large cockroaches in the first couple of days but reception installed an electronic deterrant and sprayed nooks and crannies with insecticide. The apartment was cleaned and linens/towels changed 3 times while we were there.

Summary
We had great weather, the food was plentiful and reasonable, the pool and beaches were brilliant for the children, we hired a car and toured the island at leisure and think we chose the best resort in Ibiza.

I hope this helps other potential holiday makers.
Karen
good resort don;t forget this is a town really . There was good shopping too - not just souvenirs but 'real' shops too (clothes, hardware, baby equipment, a small department store

good write up glad you enjoyed it.best to hire a car anyway.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.