Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Singapore or KL?
10 Posts
I have always found KL easier for shopping from a bargaining point of view (and slightly cheaper).
I also found KL a bit more comfortable to walk around in it is very hot at about 30C + most days but does not have the humidity that Singapore has.
That said there are more sights to see in Singapore whereas in KL other than the petronas and KL towers most of the sights are more low key (but still interesting).

What about singapore on the outward leg and KL on the return then you get to see the best of both and I would have thought would only add a little bit more to the overall cost.
When we went to Penang we went through Singapore. They actually changed the connections from KL to Singapore( it was a package holiday then). I like Ricks idea but if you don't have time to explore both just do the research and decide which place you would most like to visit. Good luck with the planning!
Visited both in one trip. I preferred KL as it has more culture and history but then has the new alongside. Singapore is almost completely manufactured - if you had a blank canvas this is how you would design a city! I wouldn't recommend one over the other, but would try and do both if you can. Kuoni do some excellent multi centre trips.
:lol: Hi ,
I have been to KL and singapore twice, overall i prefer KL.
It is alot cheaper than singapore,food wise and goods,ladies shoes are really cheap.
The Patronas towers are amazing,and the park right by the towers with cafes and water fountains all lit up at night are really lovely.
The menara tower is also really good to see,you can have a meal in the revolving restuarant right at the top,and have a fantastic view of the city.
Just outside the city you can visit the batu caves,and also frim,which is a jungle area,where you can hike,and go on a canopy walk,great fun,but abit scary!!!.
enjoy
suzy
Singapore every time for me but it depends on what you want from it. Singapore is probably more expensive but it has fantastic shopping and drips with history if you take time to do some research before you go, or while you are there. Must see and do - Night Safari, Afternoon Tea at Raffles, Chinese Garden, Orchard Road, Botanical Gardens and the Orchid Gardens, Sentosa, Chinatown (where the old Singapore has been preserved). Eat at the food centres and at Boat Quay and Clark Quay.
Thanks Myrtle - we've decided to go to Singapore. We're calling Virgin in the morning to get a quote for our holiday, We wanted to stay at Raffles, but it looks like it will cost nearly as much for 5 nights as 7 nights in Mauritius! :shock:

We're thinking that we'll stay at either Swissotel or Traders. Maybe we can strike a deal with Virgin and be able to afford to go to Raffles. After all, it is for our honeymoon, so we'd like to do it in style ;)
Hi Mr Flip

Raffles Hotel? Wow! One of my life's dreams is to stay there. We have had afternoon tea there a few times and had drinks in the Long Bar. However, we have mostly stayed in the Pan Pacific Hotel. Very nice hotel and the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Read the conversations under "3-day stop in Singapore". There are a few recommendations there for things to see and do.
Here's a suggestion- if Raffles is too expensive for your whole stay , why not check in for the last couple of nights?( or even just the last night?)
Definitely Singapore every time, have been to KL twice an Singapore 6 times. Just returned from KL and wished we had been to Langkawi and Singapore rather than KL, after visiting KL before and seeing all of the 2 big attractions we were stuck for things to do. Shopping is no where near as good as Singapore and we didn't think any cheaper. If you have slim size 3 feet you can get a bargain.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.