Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
You had me going then ! LOL but only 29 days for me and counting notice days gor me weeks for you LOL
I'll come back to you on that one in a month and a half Gillc7.

I'll be just over a month away and you'll have come back lol.

I must say though I am enjoying this Keo.
Out of interest was it very expensive ?
A bit more than in Cyprus obviously but not too bad. £1.15 for a 33CL bottle.

I bought four of them as a special treat for myself.

It is my favourite beer so no harm in a treat now and then.
One of my Xmas prezzies from my partner was a case of large Leon.
I'm pacing myself, so still a few left.

Keo from The Drink Shop online and Beers of Europe.
Beers of Europe's customer care is cr@p though. I will not use them again. The Drink Shop are excellent.

Mark
To be honest Mark I wasn't as keen on the Leon as I am the Keo.

Last year I had to drink it in one bar though as they had run out of Keo.

I think it was Windmills in Pernera when I popped out for my early evening pint. :D
My feelings exactly 'Life for living money for spending' told our 3 they won't be much left for them to spend LOL
Thanks for the link Mark. I guess they are the pint bottles that you get in the bars in Cyprus rather than the half pints I get in the deli in Cardiff city centre. If so thats not a bad price to be fair with import costs etc.
Don't think it would be a nice cold glass of Keo the last few days, more like a cup of hot soup, it is horrible here cold and wet!! :?
And beer Carlsberg out sells all beers on the island two to one..
Hi there

Cardiff lad...where did you buy the Keo in cardiff city centre..i'm also from cardiff and my hubby and father-in-law love Keo so would love to buy some.

Lisa
Keo and Leon - must be the 2 worst beers in Europe apart from Kestrel lger that is
don't like leon, as for carlsberg taste like sugar water keo is the only lite beer i would touch as for that stuff in Spain/Portugal Ive had better tasting dishwater

imo as a real ale man
Draught San Miguel is a good drink in Spain
A matter of opinion I guess I think Keo taste awful, as Leon, yak dreadful stuff, but as posted Carlsberg outsells all here by two to one and I do not think it is sweet at all compared to Keo, I think Keo has a metallically after taste, many ex-pats I know now drink Carlsberg here and I have long since joined them, but I still miss a good pint of Marstons Pedigree..and a decent pork pie to go with it!..
Hi welshmumsy,

I got them in Wally's delicatessen in one of the arcade's, I can never remember which one it is but at the Hayes enf is Spillers records if that helps you.
Hi Cardiff Lad...

Thank you for your reply...i know which 1 it is...Thank you very much

Lisa
No probs Lisa, I would have posted it as a more informative post but I thought I was the only one on here from Cardiff.

Ian
Jim drinks Carlsberg, I drink Leon. The only reasons for that are availability and personal taste.

I know for a fact, if it were available, Jim would be downing Marstons Pedigree! :lol:

Tonight Jim I will mostly be drinking Cumberland Ale from Jennings Brewery in Cockermouth. Proper beer!!!

Mark
Try Salamis Wines in Weston Super Mare.

It's owned by a Greek Cypriot, originally from Kyrenia, and they stock pretty well most of the beers, wines and spirits you'll see in Cyprus.

I stopped of there just before Christmas for a mixed cased of wine, a case or three of Keo beer and the odd bottle of Five Kings barndy and some ouzo. Sadly not at Cypriot prices though!! And before you comment, I still have some left....rationing the Keo until I go to Pafos in June!

They will take oders by phone and arrange delivery, by the way, and they are thinking about a web site.

Telephone is 01934 622213

Address is 44 Orchard Street
Weston Super Mare
BS23 1 RH

Yamas!

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.