Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Have a fantastic day tommorow Briar. Is it the son that you talked about in the report that convinced me to go to Bitez a couple of years back that sat on the swingy chair with his girlfriend and spent the most romantic hour ever? I hope it is.
May they be really happy and have lots of good fortune in the future.
Hope the weather is nice enjoy yourselves then come home book up the kennels and get out to Bitez and celebrate.!!!!!
I was wondering if you have any ads your way for house sitters only I saw one in our local paper that said they come in as many times a day as you like and feed and walk the dogs feed them and switch lights on and off for security measures too. Go on Briar you know you should!! Think how pleased they'd all be to see you at the Manuela.
Great story by the way Prawn would love to meet you.
Mel.
Pretty much the same thing happened to me in the towel queue at the pegasus palace with footballswampies wife, and then several of the reps. Seems at the beginning of the season I was the "famous scottishmum" pmsl.

Its nice when it happens though and you've sussed it all out, great to meet folk off HT and I've met quite a few now.

Hope you had a lovely holiday Prawn. Oh and WHERE WAS YOUR BIG HAT? lol

Briar, hope you all have a fantastic day. Good luck to your son and his new wife for the future.

Catherine xxx
You do tell a story well, Pat.

Glad you finally met up with Del and Ev. A shame you weren't wearing the big hat. Was Del wearing his :?:

What do you think to all of the new building work going on on the headlands? It's going to make Bitez a much larger resort. I think it's a shame really. But can't blame people for wanting to live or stay there, it's such a lovely place.

Did you find any other changes?

LOL Marn. :wave

Mel.... Ive posted you a PM.
Briar - lots of love and best wishes to your son and his wife (yet to be). I am sure that you will all have a great time. :kiss

Scottishmum - the big hat doesn't come out at night, it gets scared in the dark!!! To tell the truth it is falling apart, so it has stayed behind in Bitez. Wonder if it will still be at the hotel next year?! Will let you know.

Marn - yes, I know what you mean about the building work. It is changing the character of the place somewhat. The thing is - will it eventually change what it is that the people buying those houses are buying them for (if you get my drift - not sure that made sense but I know what I mean). And no, Del wasn't wearing his hat either so I think I should get the 'brownie points' for recognition above and beyond the call of the hat! :yipee
I wonder how many of you realise just how embarrasing it is to wander in and out of restaurants in Bitez asking "do you know Prawn?" or approaching strange women asking "are you Prawn"

Many strange looks and even stranger offers!

Pat,
as far as leaving the hat in Bitez, does that mean that you were so drunk after your Birthday party that you forgot it ?
Sorry we wern't there but we got involved at the Blue moon with Giselle and Dilara.

As promised, Pat, I will not reveal the secret of your username......not just yet anyway :lol:

or perhaps I will! scroll down and see :lol:

does anyone want to make it worth while?

del949
  • Edited by del949 2006-09-22 19:34:23
just a quick bit of a report on Bitez this year

hotel The Okaliptus again, as good as last year and no charge for late check out as we were "regular customers".There would be a pic of the room but I downloaded camera and then deleted all pics (including one of prawn).
drinks at the hotel bar are very expensive and never used restaurant so can't compare to anywhere else
Restaurants to use....and not to use
my favourite all rounder...Blue Moon, every visit resulted in first class food and prices same as elswhere,friendly staff and lots of freebies :D
also First Stop, especially at lunchtimes for the gigantic jacket potatoes and Istanbul (pricey but very good food) also the little turkish one on the corner next door to the internet cafe opposite the market, excellent food but not so good sitting nearly in the road.
Golden Spoon, good food each time but friendly staff can be a bit overwhelming for my taste
Ones to avoid.
Daphnes.......lovely surroundings but food terrible, ended up feeding my steak to the two resident cats.Surprised at this as the restaurant is highly recommended
New dolphin, lovely smart new restaurant but food only so.so.
Vonas. don't know about the food but put off by surely waiter on door who doesn't appear to know how to react politely when told that we were going elswhere as we had allready booked for that evening.

All trips etc done by dolmus except to camel Beach when we went with Simon from the travel agency near the little wood bridge on the beachfront. (in his car, not a booked trip).
Skipped the markets etc as "been there done that" and can't get any more towels etc in the cupboards.
Flights were typical T Cook, but at least were on time both ways
We enjoyed Bitez again, especially meeting Pat and Reg (lovely people) but have booked for Turunc next Sept for a change.

By the way Pat, I purchesd a new hat :lol:

del949
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.