Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
SNAKES!!
11 Posts
The only snakes I have ever seen have been pythons for you to have a picture taken with and in eight years I have only seen a couple of those.

Dave
I don't think there are any snakes in that part of Turkey. I lived in the Bodrum peninsula for 3 years and I never saw one of ever heard of anyone else seeing one. There certainly wont be any in the markets!

There is a belly dancer in Gumbet who dances with a snake.

Yalikavak and Gumusluk are lovely places to visit, we stayed near Yalikavak this year and it was beautifuul.
There's definitely wild snakes in the Hisaronu area because I've seen one :yikes. It was the other side of a wall near our apartment in the Asena Village which backs onto a forest.
I've seen a few snakes. They have mostly been on the road while I was driving. They move out of the way very quickly.
Only of the Turkish variety :rofl :rofl
If there are snakes they would mainly be in quiet areas, I have also heard that they live in and around the water in Dalyan.
Thanks for the replies. Seriously I have cancelled holidays before beacuse I found out about local snakes! Sorry I cant look at the photos (would give me nightmares,lol!!) but I take your word for it. Well I just heard back from some villa owners in Yalikavak and Gumusluk so just trying to decide which one to go with now....
There are quite a few different varieties of snakes in Turkey along with Lizards, scorpions and I even spotted a porcupine a few weeks ago

John
Hubby and son spotted a snake, albeit a small one, on one of their walks around Icmeler last week!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.