Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
I'm going to be :offtop because I'm NOT going to Kriti next year - I'm going to the Dodekanissos, probably Patmos and Leros. But...in 2009 we will go back to southern Crete - Sougia, Agia Roumeli and who knows where else.

I have a store of tsikoudhia to keep the memories alive during the winter :D
Well personally I'll be off next June to Stalis nothing changes.But I also go to Lindos,Rhodes every August and I've already booked for next year but as much as it hurts to say it ,it may not be an annual trip anymore,I just could not get over how expensive Lindos has become,maybe going to Crete every year makes me see the differences in prices and I just can't understand how they justify such big price differences and as I say as much as it will hurt as we have many friends there I'm not sure it will be a regular thing after next year.
Rick.
All I can say, as above, "Seriously thinking!"

Love Rhodes, love Crete, HATE greed.

I think it may be a DIY to a little island off.....

Any recommendations?
:roll: :roll:
We have already booked for next year Santorini ( Kamira) in May and Crete ( Plantanes ) in September. Never been to either island so can't wait.
ok at least some people are answering :D
what do you think with the take over of GB from Easy?
will it make any difference? personally i think not.
sokin.. if you wish to discus the easyjet/gb airways take over please do so in the relivent threasd in the airports/airlines forum

wizard
Thinking of going to Tsilivi next June, should have gone this year but I had to have an operation, so had to cancel. We went to Cyprus in Oct, but would like to go back to Greece next year, we love the pace of life there. Thinking of rebooking the Strofades Hotel. Reviews look good. Any other suggestions for Accomm. in Tsilivi
When we stayed there last year we were in the Zante Maris which was brilliant they do half board and bed and breakfast. The hotel is right on the beach and about 5 mins walk from all the night life. Couldn't have been better.
I'm just hoping that there are some affordable holidays left to the West of Chania. The Scans have squeezed out virtually all British operators by offering higher prices to hotel/apartment owners. We Brits pay much less for our holidays than our euroland counterparts.
In fact some of the local owners regret theloss of Brits because their bar takings are dramatically down!
I love Crete generally but the extreme west captures the culture and scenery most effectively in my opinion, especially in the White Mountains.
We're off to the Louis Creat Princess next August. It's our first visit to crete and we are all looking forward to it immensely!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.