General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
hi it all depends what you want from your holiday ?? we have done egypt in nov and yes its hot can be around 28 in luxor or 24 in cairo..
we have also done canary islands where weather can be about 20ish.
we like the gambia for a quiet holiday temp around 26 cheap but quiet local life style.
What do you mean by affordable then we can advise to your budget?
Well, to be honest the main thing that we are looking for is hot weather. We went to The Gambia last Nov and we absolutely loved it but sadly we are't able to spend as much on this holiday due to other commitments, otherwise that is where we'd go!!

I was looking for somewhere with flights costing below £200 per person (with a low cost airline).

So Egypt is likely to be hotter than Gran Canaria then?
Oh! I forgot to say, we are beach bums so would like to go somewhere with beaches.
I think Egypt is likely to be hotter than gran canaria but i am not sure you will get flights that cheap. You would be best off going onto a screen scraper and put in flights from your airport to both sharm and hurgharda.

Hotels there can be got very cheaply but flights could be more than £200 I was checking flights to both sharm and hurgarda for september/october/november I was very flexible on dates but was struggling to get much under £400 per person, but it may be cheaper in december.

Doe :sun2
We were in Sharm last November. Very warm during the day but towards the end of our stay it was cool in the evenings so take a jumper for the evenings in December. I was in Gran Canaria in January a few years back, about 70F during the day but again cool at night.
I have been to both Gran Can and Egypt in December before and would say that Egypt will be marginally hotter. It is nice during the day but you are likely to need a fleece/cardigan at night. Gran Can be be a little hit and miss but if you stay somewhere like Mogan or Taurito, right on the very south of the island, they seem to get the hottest weather.
Thank you all for your help!! I think we will go to Egypt. Have found flights for £200 each with Easy jet.
Brilliant .. sharm is so easy to DIY too because you are only 10 minutes from the airport.
Well done on a great priced flight :tup There are about 220 hotels in sharm so lots of choice for all kinds of budgets and styles of holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.