General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
There are 183 inhabited islands and I have been working my way through them for many years. Still a few to go yet. Have a look at the Greek islands page on this site.
As always, it depends upon what you want to do.
1. Peaceful, eating, drinking, walking, sitting by the harbour and watching:
Paxos, Symi, Alonnisos, Lesvos.
2. Beaches: Skiathos, Crete, . There are very few large beaches in Greece which is a mountain range created by Africa hitting Europe a year or two back when I was young.
3. Night life: Corfu, Crete, Samos.
4. Archaeology: Thassos, Crete, mainland.
Don't forget the mainland: Parga, Kavala, Delphi, Corinth etc.
The choice is enormous. I've never had a bad time yet.
I have been to Corfu, Zante and Kos. Although we had a good holiday I wouldnt go back to Corfu but possibly would go back to Zante or Kos.

I went to Marmaris July just gone and had a wonderful first trip to Turkey. I loved it so much, I am going back tomorrow for 2 weeks.

Im a Turkey convert.

Mary x
Hi like you I've been going to Turkey for years, always had a ball! (except gumbet!LOL!) so this year we went to Cyprus for a change, have learned our lesson now, so going back to Altinkum next year! My brother is currently on the island of rhodes, Pefkos to be precise, he says it is fantastic! Good luck!

Alistair
Went to Crete last year, its quite large so you can get all kinds of holidays there. i.e. busy and touristy, or quiet and authentic. All sorts from large AI's to small B & B type hotels with eating out in local tavernas etc.

If you are interested in history there is knossos and there is also samaria gorge. Beaches are similar to Turkey, some coarse sand some that mixture of sand and shingle.

We were in the Chania area and had a brilliant holiday. Chania has its own airport. Weather was as hot as Turkey last to weeks in July ( if not hotter!) Oh and they don't charge you 40 quid to get into their country! LOL! Hope you get it sorted. :D
Well I've been to Rhodes, Corfu and Zante but they were party holidays so didn't really see the real islands.

Have also been to Crete though didn't see much of it as weren't there for long - I hear it's got some lovely resorts of all kinds - whatever your 'bag' is you'll find it there.

Santorini - I really liked it there. Laid back resorts, beautiful much photographed whitewashed and bluewashed villages. Paros I also liked - laid back as well, no louts and I didn't see any british type pubs or bars. Ios well wasn't for me. It's a 'party' island and not so popular with the brits but very much so for other europeans - but found it scary being surrounded by very drunk foreign people. I don't mean that in a nasty way, but it's hard to describe. Disconcerting I think I would say.
ive been to rhodes,crete, tinos, andros,mykonos,zante out of the greek islands and preferred rhodes and mykonos which really quaint place with lovely white buildings all over the island, we enjoyed cyprus too although i found it very expensive and the people not as friendly as the turks. didnt enjoy tunisia when we went there way too much hassle. everyones idea of a holiday is different but i do love turkey and it takes a lot of beating ,good luck with where ever you decide to go to
Hi. We've been to Turkey once and really enjoyed it but we keep going back to Greece. If you fancy a change I'd opt for one of the many Greek islands. Each resort has something different to offer and I find that the Greeks are just as friendly as the Turks but also more laid back. It'll be worth you browsing the Greece forums for more info.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.