General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
So sorry to hear you are not well, Annabella. Have you discussed your travel plans with your doctor? They would be the best people to advise you as they know your personal medical history. I hope that you can still travel as a holiday may be just what you need to help you recover, but it would be silly to go without proper advise. Good luck. :wave
Annabelle
Im sorry to hear of your diagnosis, i know how you feel, my mother suffered with this.

I took my mum to Greece two years ago, hers was under control at the time, but with the heat and change of diet, she suffered terribly. It was very uncomfortable for her and embarassing on occasion.

I can't speak for you, only you know how your own body will react to the heat and food.

I hope this helps!!
hi Annabelle, What a dilemma! went to Icmeler last year and just got back from Olu and there is plenty of white bread and rice, in fact the place is and Atkins dieters nighmare!!! you get rice and mash and chips on the same plate!!! you would be hard pressed to find any granary bread i can tell you!!! Also as an otherwise healthy family my youngest came down with a nasty tummy bug last year ruined the trip as had to be within 2 feet of a toilet, and this year on the last day my hubby started with the same and has had a week of work (ive moaned about this on another post so forgive me) All in all, previous advice on consulting you Doc is essential and I hope you go and have a great time.
ANABELLA.. If you know what to avoid in your diet you'll be ok, infact the rest and change of scenery may help you feel a lot better in your self just remember not to overdo things.. and remember you MUST tell your insurer of your current illness as they may give you a blank if you do have a relapse and need medical attention leading to a claim...wishing you well....WAKI.. :sun
:cry: What a lovely response from you all ty. xxxx
Yes i will chat to my GP and keep everything crossed. I would feel awful letting the other 7 people down but with friends like you all on HT i feel better already :hyper All take care and be happy and i WILL keep you all informed. God Bless. Anna. xxxxxx
hi annabella, would it be cheeky of me to ask what the outcome of your visit to the docs is? for no other reason other than just concern, or will you keep us waiting for a fun filled report on your return, good luck duck,.
ANNABELLA
PLEASE DO NOT POST IN CAPS OR BOLD ON THE HOLIDAY FORUM SEE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

wizard
:oops: Sorry Wizard, no offence intended. xxxxxxx
Hi Annabella

Mrs Robert123 has Crohn's disease (very similar condition) which is now thankfully in remission, I have asked her advice,

1. Relax as tension and stress can make things worse, I remember the first holiday we went on, just prior she had had a very bad flare up, on holiday she felt as fit as a fiddle, she put it down to relaxation and no stress

2. Watch what you eat and drink, avoid ice, although different foods upset different people there is no set rule of what is in or out

3. Always make sure you are near or know where the nearest toilets are

4. Take your medication (in your hand luggage)

5. Make sure the people you are with know about your condition and needs

6. You a person with a condition not a condition with a person, it awful put you can get over it Mrs Robert123 went through some terrible times but is determined to get on with her life and has a good career lives life to the full and enjoys herself, if you need anymore advice please feel free to PM me (it's not the easiest illness to talk about, for some other advice please go to http://www.nacc.org.uk a great site that will help you a lot (get the can't wait card)
Hope the Dr says it is ok for you to go on holiday as I agree with the others that it would do you good.

My 16 year old son has been ill for a year (he spent a lot of our summer holiday last year in hospital in Spain) and has recently been diagnosed with Focul Active Chronic Collitis - different to yours, but similar symptoms. We have just returned from a holiday in Italy. He had a few bad days, but we just rested on those days. Hope all goes well for you and that you can get away.
Bless you all and thank you so so much for your responses. :kiss I have just recieved an E mail back from the Colitis Group and they say it will be fine to go aslong as im a good girl, :rofl I will be so yes, im going. Icmeler here we come but i will not be on the :glynis I certainly dont mind because after 2 drinks im :swear I just want to get on that :fly and soak up the :sun Once again god bless you all and :thanks Bye for now Anna xxxxxx
My sister also has this and has had a terrible time with it over the last 15 years, but hopefully after her last operation, things are looking a lot better. She cannot eat normally like us and has a permanent central line attached, where she has to connect liquid food overnight, but she still goes away, but has to take a suitcase full of medication with her. Just make sure you take all your medication with you and enjoy your hols.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.