General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi rozzibee - I would say Egypt - definitely warm weather then, and in my opinion more reliable weather than in the Canaries. It is quite a long flight, but worth it in my opinion, and we only go for a week at a time. What sort of things are you looking for in your holiday? That might make a difference to what people recommend. I love Egypt for a completely relaxing holiday in the sun, with good quality all inclusive facilities. Wherever you decide to go, I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing time after your treatment.
Thanks for your reply.

I think what we are after is just something really relaxing, where we can just completely chill for a week. Definitely All Inclusive, nice pool, shade for hubby, and sun for me :-)

We might see what excursions are available and go on one of them. I've looked at some reviews of different hotels (been looking at Sharm el Sheik) and I can't find a hotel with consistent reviews! They all have brilliant reviews from some people and awful from others. Just a risk I have to take I guess
Hilton Sharks Bay in Sharm - really relaxing, fabulous pools and the sea on your doorstep, good food and great service. We will have our 4th and 5th visits there this year. I did try another hotel in Sharm and hated it, so only go to the Hilton now. We know what we like (completely chilling out) and this place delivers. We used to be seasoned travelleres to the Canaries, particularly in winter, but haven't been there once since we discovered Egypt.

Lynwestie on this forum recommended this hotel to me and I have been eternally grateful!! It has everything we need for a relaxing holiday, and all inclusive means really good value.
Have a look at the hotel Abou Sofiane in Port-el-Kantoui,Tunisia.
Its a shorter flight than Egypt and Fuerteventura and the weather should be as warm.
Its a lovely hotel and we had a very relaxing week there in March.
i would also recommend Tunisia where there last week october last year thoroughly enjoyed our break , and the weather was lovely
Hope you make a speady recovery. We went to the Dominican republic last Oct and it was blissful- gorgeous hot days and amazing electrical storms at night- it was meant to be rainy season but we didnt have a single cloudy day. The only word of warning I would give is that just because it is known to be a destination where you might get a dodgy tum you might not think it suitable for you whilst you are getting better. It was cheap though.
Hi and welcome to HT!

Before you book anything, you should check that you will be able to get affordable travel insurance which covers you illness. The pre-existing medical conditions of everyone travelling will have be declared.

luci :wave
with regards to travel insurance, try marks and spencers, I had treatment for hodgkins lymphoma 12 years ago and they have covered me for very little cost.

hope you have managed to find somewhere nice for your holiday, it's good to have something to look forward too!
I went to Tunisia in October a few years ago and the weather wasn't great, we had a couple of days of rain and it wasn't very warm.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.