Travel News

A place to discuss news related to the travel industry
Probably not a popular view but surely holiday makers were aware of the terrorism incidents before they went?
What they went through was horrific and I have actually thought about what you could possibly do to escape a gunman on the beach.
But really not sure suing the travel company is the right thing
Fiona, again it mightn't be popular to say so but I share your view. I used to be a frequent visitor to Tunisia and especially the Sousse area but I wouldn't have dreamed of going in 2015 because it was pretty clear to me, though clearly not to others, that the situation was ratcheting up and didn't need any tour operator to tell me. People who decided to travel had access to exactly the same info as I did - I chose not to travel, they chose to visit Tunisia and surely have to take some responsibility for their decision rather than expecting the TO to shoulder it all?i

It's just one more example of how little advance research some people do before booking a holiday despite the fact that it has never been easier to do this and weigh up the risks for yourself. I would never dream of travelling to Haiti or even Florida during the hurricane season because of their track records in dealing with the consequences but I do take the risk of travelling to Cuba because I have confidence in their hurricane evacuation and contingency plans. Others weigh them up and do take different decisions - I know many families who have travelled to Florida for Disney in the UK school summer holidays. Luckily they've all had great holidays and none of them had their holiday spoiled by a hurricane making landfall but if they had would they have sued the TO for what is a well known annual weather risk that can have tragic consequences?
I know many families who have travelled to Florida for Disney in the UK school summer holidays. Luckily they've all had great holidays and
none of them had their holiday spoiled by a hurricane making landfall
but if they had would they have sued the TO for what is a well known
annual weather risk that can have tragic consequences?

Of course they would it is their right just as going on holiday without insurance and miraid other things. How many times have we seen complaints about hurricans here on HT. Terrorist activities don't happen to us and when they do we can always sue, and just in case don't forget to pull out your phone and take lots of photos. More and more it seems nobody takes responsibilty for their actions the Me Me Me syndrome has turned into an epidemic.
  • Edited by fwh 2018-10-12 20:20:16
I know many families who have travelled to Florida for Disney in the UK school summer holidays. Luckily they've all had great holidays and
none of them had their holiday spoiled by a hurricane making landfall
but if they had would they have sued the TO for what is a well known
annual weather risk that can have tragic consequences?

A hurricane and a terrorist on a beach shooting people are two very things.
How you can compare the two is quite frankly beyond me.
I take your point - they are two very different things, for example, Hurricane Katrina in 2005 caused 1,800+ deaths in the USA compared to 38 fatalities in the Sousse terrorist attack.
How you can compare the two is quite frankly beyond me.

It does not matter if it is a reported risk of terrorists a hurricane or something much more mundane.

As SMa says It's just one more example of how little advance research some people do

So often it is far easier to blame someone else when things go wrong.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.