Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
A previous post suggested mixing honeybee with port - it's great in this combination for treating an upset tummy. Honest!!!!!! Someone suggested it to me back in March so I gave it a go and it really did work.

Trouble is it tasted so good I had another (and another) - the wobbly leg syndrome soon helped me forget any tummy problems :tup
Interesting about the clear Southern Comfort, I had looked for the sort we get in UK without any luck, what is this clear stuff called and does it really taste the same? Will be back in Goa in March and look forward to hunting it down :glynis
Same bottle, same label, same taste even, same everything, just clear like water - wierd :(
Years ago I worked in a pub and Brandy and Port was commonly drank to ease upset stomachs :cheers tastes good too.In Oceanic shack we paid 150rps for a bottle of port, had it with 7 up and it went down well ;)
Debi
Sacrilage!!! Honeybee should be drunk neat
:cry
150 for a bottle of port, you were well overcharged. Check out the wine shop, its one of the cheapest drinks in goa.
:) Hi, we bought some of the clear Southern Comfort a few years ago from the small liquor shop opposite the Candolim market near the chicken man. Steve (my OH) likes a little tipple, he prefers it to Honey Bee, I think it was called Southern Comfort Cystal, and it does taste just the same, very good when sitting on the balcony watching the sun set behind the dunes :cheers

Jayne :wave
We paid 150 for the Port to drink it in the Shack (full bottle, two glasses), obviously you can get it cheaper in the shops, we only paid 110rps for a bottle of Honybee in the Elephant shop.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.