Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Southern Comfort
29 Posts
Yes - I've seen it a few years ago in the elephant shop near the Magnum Resort - they also had clear (like vodka) Southern Comfort there, never ever seen that before - perhaps they just had it that long the colour faded away ;)
Yes, we buy the clear Southern Comfort every year to bring back home. We get it from the little supermarket just past the old garage in Calangute.
Thanks for the replies much appreciated.
Can you buy it in bars and restaurants tho when out and about in the evening for a small refreshment :cheers
I would very much doubt it Gemma - best get a bottle and have a little tipple in your room ;)
Lockieman, as if!!! :D
Its for someone else who is comig with us, but I will let her know.
I will stick to my honeybee for the room :cheers
Thanks everyone for the replies.
Gemma, what is this Honeybee stuff that everyone goes on about? :cheers

Whats it like, and does it compare to anything? Is it a spirit?

Julian
Hi Julian yes its Indian Brandy.
It doesnt taste like our brandy IMO. Its more like Morgans Spiced and the other day someone said to me it reminds them of Canadian Club.
Give it a try, I am sure you will enjoy it :cheers
I might just do that.... do you mix it or drink it neat?
We drink it neat but it is nice mixed with the Goan Port.
mixed with goan port... :) ,i was going to say coke...i bet honeybee and port is a pretty lethal combo.it is a very nice drink tho,the basis of a shiva cocktail me thinks..for those who dont know..shiva is a coffee or choc milky cocktail ,seems it had become a ritual to have one of these whilst seated outside a beach shack..all freshly showered and clean clothed after a hard day sunbaking etc.sipping contentedly in anticipation of the wonderful imminent sunset and the only thing to think about is where to have dinner!
you can tell im ready for my holiday!
I will definately try that cocktail it sounds really nice. The Goan port and brandy is quite lethal but very nice to finish your meal off with.
I usually have honeybee with sprite and sometimes diet coke and occassionally with ice!!
I like the other suggestions tho, might have to try those out! If I get a hangover then youre getting blamed Brenliz :rofl :cheers
Gemma I'm pretty sure you can get it in Ruffles, they seem to stock a lot of branded spirits.

Debs
Thanks DebnPete thats handy to know :)
I've just brought some honybee home and on the bottle it says 75% proof :yikes can this be so

Debi
Hi Debi

Yes it could be, because normally it states by volume and I think Honeybee is about 42%. It used to say by proof over here on a bottle of spirits but now it's by volume.

Debs
oh yes now I see it is 42.8%vol 75 proof it is still very strong :D My OH was seeing things after one too many one night (all filmed and used in evidence) :rofl
Hi,
Is it 'safe' to take ice in the drinks?
Saggy
Yes Saggy ice is fine in Goa. I think most make it from bottled water. I for one have never had any problems.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.