Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I used to live in Gumbet and that is quite a popular resort for younger people. It is lively but not too big, the beach is nice and there are loads of good hotels and apartments, bars, restaurants, shops etc. It is not too far from Bodrum either, about 10 mintes by bus, where there is also very good nightlife plus, eating out, shopping etc.

If they do fancy Gumbet let me know and I will recommend a few hotels/apartments for you.

Kedi x
having been to most areas in turkey over the last 27 years , i suggest either olu deniz or icmeler, olu is smaller and more scenic than icmeler but has a fab lagoon area that is stunning and hisaronu is about 1.5 miles up the hill with regular dolmuses for more bars, shops restaurants etc. icmeler is nice with plenty of bars, shops ,restaurants etc and has the lively marmaris about 3-4 miles away, so they could pop there for a day or night. turkey is a beautiful country with very friendly people and great weather. my oldest daughter is 22 and has been going to turkey since she was a baby and loves it too, they absolutely loved lykia world.

we all stayed at lykia world in olu deniz and that was fab, have a look at the their website so much to do there, slightly dear but worth it, i would recommend if they stay there to book in the residence as the village attracts more families, there are some adult only pools and there was 2 adult only restaurants when we were there too. have a look at this link

http://www.lykiaworld.com/Cultures/en-Us/default.aspx

good luck with where ever you decide to book, please make sure you read up on the resorts and hotels, as everyone likes different things and what suits 1 family doesnt always suit another
i agree with ellie meg i would say nicholas hights overlooking olu deniz is special
take a look
http://www.nicholas-heights.com/
:sun2
The Marti Perla hotel in Icmeler is a beautiful hotel for a special occasion as are the spectacular 5 star hotels in Lara beach which is near Antalya.
Many thanks for your replies. They have bkd Gran Canaria - P.Rico
I would also say Icmerler. For me it has everything a holiday resort needs.

There are plenty of bars, also 2 nigh clubs. There are some lovely restraunts. I recomend The Love Boat for that special romantic meal, it's decked out like a ship inside, food is fantastic. As said in earlier posts, Marmaris is 3-4 miles away which would take 15 minutes on the Dolmus (local bus system) it costs about 70p. The last bus back is 1am so there is plenty of time to go between the 2 resorts.

Steve
Have they thought of going on a Gulet cruise? Most of the big tour operators offer these or you can book them independently. They're great fun, particularly for couples who want to meet other people. It's also possible to do a week's gulet cruise followed (or preceded) by a week in a hotel or other accommodation on land.They are available from lots of resorts but particularly Bodrum and Fethiye.
I think the original poster has said they are now going to Gran Canaria. We obviously didn't manage to convice her that turkey was best ;)
Give me Icmeler over Gran Canaria any time. I was in Maspalomas in Gran Canaria about 3 years ago. It's so expensive, and hasnt a patch on Icmeler.

Steve
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.