General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi toastedmallow :think You haven't given us much info to go on, is it for a couple or with children, ages, likes / dislikes?

I am going to take a guess that you are asking as a couple :tup and I would think for that really special holiday it would have to be somewhere like the Maldives for total relaxation.
Perhaps you might like something more unusual a African Safari, or a luxury journey on The Blue Train in South Africa.
Alternatively there are amazing luxury locations and hotels in Thailand or even a tour of China.

That's a few ideas to start you off anyway.

Graham
Why not have a look in the Hotel Reviews , or resort reports and may give you a headsup on the type of holiday you want xx
How about Brazil? I'm heading there at New Year for a month, and reading up it sounds as if it has everything you could want from a holiday, and it certainly sounds special!
Thx all,
I recently got early retirement :tup and would like to mark the occasion with somewhere further afield from our usual destinations. My problem is that everywhere looks great & just wondering what recommendations would be offered by all you experts.
Fancy at the mo: Jordan, Nile cruise, Thailand, Mexico, Arizona, ...................?
How about Cape Verde? Not too long a flight time and a gorgeous tranquil place. We've recently come back from Boa Vista and it was fantastic. There's plans to build a few more hotels in the next couple of years, 1 hotel they plan for it to hold 2,000 people :yikes . Now is the time to go before they spoil the place with buildings!
When my husband took early retirement we celebrated with a fantastic 'holiday of a lifetime' tour of New Zealand. Trouble is it was so wonderful that we want to go back!!!
Thx everyone for all your thoughts. Still pondering.
Might do a few cheaper European ones 1st while we finally decide.
And yes, Oklahoma the worry is that we might get a taste for long haul with less money to fund the trips! :duh
I'm with Oklahoma on this

I've travelled to some weird and wonderful places over the last 40+ years but New Zealand is the one that keeps beckoning me to return.
It really depends on what you want from a holiday, beaches, scenery, culture, exotic food. There is so much to choose from.
I love many parts of the USA and Canada is a beautiful country. Malaysia and Thailand are two countries easy to visit for first time travellers but still provide different experiences to holidays within Europe.
For my combined retirement/60th birthday I took a round the world trip with New Zealand being the main destination. I did stopovers in Singapore, Sydney, NZ, Hawaii and California. I had already visited Singapore a couple of times previously but always enjoy a couple of days there. Have re visited Australia and had been to the USA many times previously and since but I am saving up for a return visit to New Zealand where I hope to spend a couple of months.
The problem is for many people once you get started holidaying long haul you start reading travel reports and think I would like to go there and you make lists on where else you want to go, and the lists get longer and longer.

Let us know what you finally decide.

Judith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.