General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Special Holiday
7 Posts
are you looking for relaxation only or want to explore a bit?
Also do you have a budget and how long do you wish the holiday to be? Do you want a land based holiday or would you consider a cruise? Why I ask this is that there are some fantastic bargains to be had in cruising due to the economic situation and the Americans are not flying so much so just a thought.

Sue
relax a bit , maybe explore a bit, but don't hire cars. Never done a cruise, would like casual if we did. Only ever done shorthaul, but plenty of those, Greece which we love, lots of spain, Malta, Cyprus, Canaries. Will probably take us till next year to decide where to go.Never been Italy
The AI hotels in the Caribbean take it up another notch although you do have to check the reviews and pick the right time of year.
We thought long haul would be a bit much but we used First Choice planes and the in-flight entertainment system kept us occupied for most of the trip.
We have to set off nearly 6 hours before the flight time to get to the airport early as required so it is a long day for us, but I think all the hotels have been about 1 hour or 90 minutes from the airport so they have been very long days, I usually doze off on the coach. We have been 3 times now and we have taken my grandson on two of the Caribbean trips. Quite honestly I cannot say that the long haul is much different to the Turkey/Egypt flights. There is the added benefit of more leg room and and space with usually better in flight entertainment as long haul use better planes.

Check the Caribbean forum as a starter to get a feel and the Caribbean Warehouse website has good pictures and descriptions of 5* hotels all across the caribbean. It may give you ideas or put you off completely!
Recently back from the Royal Playa del Carmen in Mexico. What a great hotel. Beautiful rooms, all junior suites, in room jacuzzi, 24 hr room service. Adults only, on the beach, in the middle of town, no reservations required at the al a carte restaurants, waiter service on the beach and round pool. I could go on and on and on.......
On offer at the moment online at Thomas Cook, less than £2500 for 2 adults in Sept 09. Of course i've booked for next year already. Have a look, google realresorts.com
Denny
I have to agree with Steve. I certainly wouldn't be put off by flying long haul. I personally enjoyed the flight with First Choice to the Carribbean so much more than short haul (4 - 6 hrs) to Turkey and Egypt. The 9 hours went so much quicker than sitting cramped for over 5 and half hours to Egypt.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.