Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thailand.Not quite as cheap but great weather and not as much hassle.The visa situation has got us thinking too.
Do the T/A's sort out your visa if you are going on a package? My friends are going in December that's all and I haven't heard them mention visa hoo-har.
Everyone has to apply for their own Visas Glynis, be it package, flight only etc. Its a :swear nightmare :lol:
Glynis
I'm not sure about T/O such as Kuoni etc but definitely most of the others (Olympic, Cosmos, Manos, Thomson, etc) don't arrange your visas for you.

We've always gone on a package to Goa with a number of different companies and have always arranged our own visas.

If I were you, I'd mention the problems to your friends.
If they've been before, they may be assuming that they can still apply by post.
If they are new to Goa, they may have been given mis-information from the T/A or T/O.
Olympic told me that HCI weren't accepting postal applications but Birmingham was.
Inaccurate information since 2nd week in September.
Luckily, I was more informed than they were - thanks to sites like this.

The surgeries seem to be very busy and some of the appointed agents have a 4 week backlog as they are only given a certain allocation.

Polly
Thanks very much everyone - I've just left a message for them.
I think that's a good idea, Glynis.

I'd be interested to hear if they are aware of the issues, what their T/A or T/O have told them and what they plan to do about getting a visa.

Regards
Polly
Cosmos will sort out your visa for Goa but they charge £60 for the priviledge
:shock: A priviledge I can do without thanks!
Me to daylight robbery
Does any one know if you have to get your own visa now. My Husband normally get the both of ours. :oops: :?: Any help would be appreaciated
Don't worry anyone can get the visa on your behalf,
Lin
Thanks Lin B, your a gem :D . First time doing this forum, and it wont be the last What a lovely bunch and helpfull lot. :wink:
EssexGal

Essex couple here, are you aware of the visa chaos up at the Temple/Strand?
Visas are always a hassle, maybe more so this year, but I'm sure, by the time we chill out on those beautiful Goan beaches, a few beers and the great food. It will all be forgotten about until next season, when I 'm sure the HCI will think of some other little ways to make our life miserable for a few weeks.

Who cares ,I've got my visas and we are ready for the off in 3 weeks, I've only got to decorate the bedroom , lay a wooden floor and another million jobs that a certain other half will think of.

Or I forgot, get the bl**dy Christmas Tree out of the loft and make sure all is ready for Christmas.

Happy days , I'll need the holiday, it'll soon be February and another 3 weeks.

Visas , who cares????
Hi There HariKrishna, Yeah I know my hubby is working up there, but I read or miss- read one of the previous messages which said you have to get Your own visa :!: . Wasn't sure, if that was a new rule :oops:
Thanks anyway
The H.C.I. could solve a lot of this nonsense if they made the 6mth tourist visa to be activated on your arrival in India instead of when you are issued with it. A lot of the present mess is to do with the fact that many people like me go twice in one season, many more go for the Oct through to April. That means that we have to wait till October before applying, so as the one visa will run from issue date, through to April. If the visa was activated on arrival in India you could then apply months earlier and spread the load.
I visit Australia fairly frequently and its just a case of applying online, putting your arrival and departure dates on the form and your visa is stored on their computers and comes up when they scan your passport on arrival, thereby activating the visa, the applying can be done months before you go.
You would think a country thats the coming superpower with wonderfull I.T. skills could have managed something better than the current idiocy Alan
Scrumpy
We've booked twice with Cosmos but didn't know that they would get your visa for you.
However, I wouldn't actually trust any T/A ot T/O to do this for me.

Alan
Your comments are spot on.
Lots of countries (Thailand, Egypt and Bali to name but 3) issue visas on arrival.

Polly
You are right Gramps. We go twice a year , so you must get in early and thats when all the problems arise.

I just don't see things getting any better, they just love paper, everything
must be written down, stamped and checked and checked ......

Its still a third world country whatever you say.Why can't you just buy a visa when you arrive or is that too simple.
we applied for our visa's a week past Monday. They arrived today.Friday
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.