Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hello me and me - Welcome to the HT forum - lovely to meet you hope you enjoy it here so have a look about.

Have a look at this link where I asked similar question a while back and answers were posted. I am sure others will add to this thread when they see it.

:cheers

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=146789
Thanks for link, some interesting place and lots of ideas already which is great
Thinking of possibly Gumusluk near Bodrum, would anyone possibly know any cheapish places for B & B in that area?
Gumusluk is lovely, very quiet and peaceful with a nice little beach and some lovely restaurants. It is a bit more expensive to eat out at the fish restaurants but there are some other places to eat a little further back. If you are on your own it may be a little too quiet, especially in September but it depends on what type of holiday you are after. If you want total relaxation then it would be perfect. I don't know any accomodation names and there aren't that many hotels there.

You could also have a look at Bitez on the Bodrum peninsula. There is more of a choice of accomodation and restaurants and it is a bit busier than Gumusluk. The beach is nice and nearly everything is based along the beach front so you wouldn't have to go anywhere on your own in the dark. I have been in Bitez on my own and I was very comfortable there.
Ovacik is ok. Prefer this area as you get three resorts in one! Even if you're up in the hillside bit of Ovacik it's easy to get to both Hisranou (where most people go of an evening - plenty of restaurants/bars etc)..and dolmus down to Olu Deniz (about 10-15minutes in Dolmus). PLUS you have Fethye (nearest town) about 25minutes dolmus ride in opposite direction. Personally I'd go for it. Been to that area many times.

I would quite happily travel on my own for holiday here.
I am in agreement with Kedi; Bitez sounds as if it would suit you down to the ground. It's a friendly resort with a relaxed atmosphere - but within easy reach of Bodrum if you want to do some serious shopping, sightseeing or getting around.

Jak xx
I like the sound and look of Bitez, have just been looking on net. I e mailed Yali Han hotel i thought it looked lovely but it seems a little bit too expensive for my budget unfortunately. Does anyone know any cheapish B & B in Bitez with a web site so's i can have a look and mail them. Maybe someone has e mail add of B & B? Many thanks for all replies so far - J.
Small World is a very nice hotel, or maybe even Manuela, which is right on the beach.
Hi me & me!

Just to 2nd Kedi's recommendation of Small World hotel. We stayed there about 4 years ago & enjoyed it very much.
Rooms are small & bathrooms even smaller, but it's a nice hotel with a pleasant pool & well located for the promenade area. Also it's a good budget choice. Loads of reviews on Tripadvisor to give you more info.

And Bitez is a nice resort: quiet but lots of restaurants & only 30 mins away from lovely Bodrum by regular dolmus for a change of scene.

Hope this helps. Good luck :tup
small world hotel is a t/cook hotel now but you will love bitez its the best :sun2
Reckon it's Bitez then, looks lovely, thanks for replies - excellent..
I'm sure you will love Bitez and the surrounding area. If there is anything you want to know about the area just ask, I lived near Bodrum for a few years :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.