Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I am going to Benidorm in july and it will be my birthday whilst i am there, does anyone have any suggestions please where to go/what to do for it?
As a Beni virgin, i dont have a clue.

Hi there. Well although I have never been myself, as it will be your Birthday, then maybe a night out at The Benidorm Palace will be of some interest to you? You can book a table in advance and have a Meal before the Show. I cannot comment on it, but from what I am led to understand its a fantastic night out and the Costumes are spectacular.

If you like Marine Life, then a day trip to Mundomar, a sort of aquatic animal Theme Park is also well worth a visit for the Dolphin Show alone.

If you are a 'beach buddy' then Benidorm has two sandy beaches....the Pontiente and the Levante and you can spend a day or two on the beach relaxing and sunbathing. There are plenty of Bars and Restaurants right opposite the beach all the way along the Prom.

If you are a Shop-A-Holic, then you will be spoilt for choice. Many shops are run by Chinese and are referred to as the 'Chinese Tat Shops'...mostly selling very cheap tatty souveniers. But there are a number of other shops all around the Resort. And a few 'Up Market' stores selling leather and fur products.

There is an abundance of Bars, Cafes, Shops, Restuarants, Nightclubs...way too many to mention here. But you will be spoilt for choice.

If you fancy a bit of haggling then there is a twice weekly Outdoor Market on Wednesdays and Sundays. There is also an Indoor Market open daily but with restricted hours to reflect Siesta time.

If you like 'Funfairs', well there is a major Theme Park on the outskirts of Benidorm where you can take a ride of several White Knuckle rides and watch some spectacular shows. There is also a Zoo....Terra Natura, (not my thing to be honest) and also a Water Park called Aqualandia.

If you like to see a bit of 'real' Spain then head for the Old Town which does not have so many high rise building and a maze of little streets and shops to explore. Or you could venture out on one on many Excursions to neighbouring towns and villages.....Polop, Calpe, Altea, Denia, Guadalest. Alphas Del Pi.

You can also do a Safari Jeep Ride with a choice of being driven or drive yourself...good family fun.

The list goes on really. There is so much to see and do, its really not an easy question to answer as there is so much on offer to suit all tastes. Just go along and explore you really will not be dissapointed.
hi Loulou... :wave we are going to benidorm at the end of july...we are also benidorm virgins... i will also be watching this topic for ideas.... we might be there the same time depending on your dates.... :D :fly
no matter what you will definately find something to do, theres so much to see and do you wont fit it all in whilst ur there. you will have to keep going back ;) trust me you'll love it
no matter what you will definately find something to do, theres so much to see and do you wont fit it all in whilst ur there. you will have to keep going back trust me you'll love it

I totally agree. Whatever you decide to do whilst in Benidorm you should have a great time. The enterntainment tends to find you rather than you find it.
I think i will be watching this post for more idea's for my holiday i want to find out as much as i can and be prepaired to know everthing i need to know about Benidorm

Sharon
Thanks for the replies :wink:

Hiya scully,
nice to see you again,
I am going 4th-11th july.

Loulou
For your birthday, I would recommend the Benidorm Palace. I have been involved in many kinds of entertainment in a professional capacity, and I was completely knocked out by the standards at this venue. The show runs like clockwork, and comtains something for everyone. I can honestly say that, if anyone came away from a night out at the Palace saying that they did not enjoy any of it, then I would think there was something very strange about them. Top class entertainment +
For more discussion and feedback on Benidorm Palace ... please click here

David :wave
Thanks,

Looks like it could be a trip to Benidorm Palace for my birthday,
i have read the reviews and looked at the website and it looks good.

Is it far away from Rio Park hotel?

Loulou
It's not walking distance, Loulou. A few minutes and a few Euros in a taxi.

hiya Loulou...you will be back when we go... :( i wil have lots of questions for you on your return.... is it the rio park you are staying in? We are staying in the ambassador playa.... :D

scully27 :wave
Thanks David :wink:
Can you also tell me what the fiesta`s will be like when i am there
i believe there is one the first weekend in July and also one the 6th and 7th July, will anything happen in Benidorm to celebrate them?

Scully,
Thats a shame, we could have met up for a drink :(
Yes i am staying at Rio Park, you can ask me anything about Benidorm on my return, i will happily answer you if i remember :oops: :lol:
We are not taking the kids so i intend to take full advantage :wink:
I cant wait although i could throttle my hubby for booking it so close to our earlier holiday :evil: i am going to be stressed to bits as we go to Beni 8 days after we get back from our family hol to Turkey :shock:
but never mind i am sure i will recover, a whole week kid free :pele

Loulou
Hi Loulou ... there are at least 4 Fiestas during the month of July - San Fermin, San Cristobal, Fiesta de Carmen and San Jaime. They may not be the biggest fetivities of the year, but it would be worth contacting the tourist office nearer the time to enquire about any ceremonies, parades, etc:

benidorm@touristinfo.net

benidorm is exelant you'l love it. there is soo much to do. there is over 1000 bars and pubs :D but if your more of a sight seer then i advise you to go to the old town benidorm (which is just a straight walk along the beach side) and get the boat to the benidorm island its so beautiful and the views are superb. on the island there is also a glass bottom boat that will take you around the island which is pretty cool. i also advise you to go to aqualandia the water park you should ask the reseption desk on how to get there and how much it is now i have got a leaflet that i will scan for you if you would like to see it. the beach also have things for you to do theres bannana boats paraglideing water skiing and more trush me you wont be bored 8). oh yeah and if your like me then you like to keep up to date with the goings on in scotland/england then there is a little shop at the beach front that does british papers :hyper but anyways enjoy your self as i did last year and will be doing may20th this year :bow
Thanks again David :D

And also thanks Laureen :wink:

Loulou
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.