General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
By June the Middle East is getting very hot. My brother-in-law lives in Oman and his wife goes home to New York with their son from mid-June till the beginning of September to escape the heat (most people try to escape the heat of New York!).
Yeh thats why we are probably just looking at spain but i was hoping someone could suggest a destination a little more interesting as Spains been done to death by myself in particular
What about Barbados. When we were there it was late june and I thought the climate was the most comfortable of anywhere I`ve been. You don`t feel the searing heat of the sun because of the wonderful tropical breeze which is there all the time. I usually spend my holidays under a parasol but I didn`t there and got the best tan I`ve ever had.
Without wishing to sound facetious because I'm not being, how about the UK?

You don;t have the problem of having a wriggling bored 2 yo on your lap during a flight then...and that is tedious!

If you think Greece is too hot in June for a nearly 2 yo, then Spain is ruled out too as it is usually just as warm there. In fact most of the Med will be pretty warm by June!

I think maybe you are worrying too much about the heat. Plenty of water and juice, a shade and a good afternoon sleep during the hottest part of the day and son will be fine! Plus cooling dips in the sea or a pool. Honest! I took my five week old son out to live in Turkey during one very hot August. He coped with the heat a lot better than I did.
We visited the Travel Agents today, and we are thinking about going 5 star Sunny Beach or 5 star Golden Sands.

Read the reviews on here of some hotels and they sound good.

Majestic

and

Kempinski Grande Hotel Hermitage

Both sound good.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.