Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Don't worry! Anything you might need in an emergency you can get out there, and mostly at a fraction of the price. The local equivelent to immodium seems to work much better than ours over here and should you have problems with bowels etc don't hesitate to call a doctor, they are very efficient and extreemly cheap. Sort you out in next to no time! :)
We always used to take Diareze, which is Boots own stuff.

A pack of 18 (you take 2 tablets at the first 'problem' and then 1 after each next 'problem') costs about £5.65.

We bought EXACTLY the same formula (Loperamide Hydrochloride capsules 2mg) at one of the chemists in Candolim for 18rps (less than 25p) for 10.

Polly
Cheers.

Is suntan lotion as cheap? :D
i think u would be best taking your own sun tan oil bit anything and everything for the stomach we get there they sell milk and magnessium(check spelling) its good incase you get tummy pains.
wifey has problems with prickly heat this yyear , local chemist gave her some ointment and a strip of 10 tablets, 55rps, and they did the job.
I don't think that it's worth filling up your suitcase with all the cures for bowels and stomach upsets etc UNLESS you need something special.
del
Mustaphaholiday
you can get sun lotion in Goa but it's not as cheap as some of the rememdies mentioned on here.

Nivea sun lotion seems to be quite widely available, even up to the very high protection factors (35 & 50).
There are local types of sun lotion avalable also, but I always take my own as I know what suits my skin.

Polly
Have to agree with above, don't take anything medical, everything is really cheap. Ibrupofen, anti histamines etc. Usually stock up in Goa for the rest of the year at home.
:) I only take Piz Buin for the first few days, take no medicine - can get everything over there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.