General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Fiona wrote:
Ok - first of all I've typed yet another reply which has not reached the thread. I do think it happens when 2 people press the send button at the same time.
So here goes again-
Phil- don't worry, I always do my reviews( but I love the subtle hint :rofl )
We have swithered over Mexico for a few years now - mainly as its hurricane season. So look out for a hurricane at the beginning of August! :D
Turkey- I've only been once and that was pre HT days when I did'nt do proper research. It wasn't a resort for us( although I always enjoy my holidays). It put us off returning but its time to think again I think.

Fiona - when I go to send a message and another message is being posted, my computer will stop and saying something else has been posted and ask me to review??? Does that not happen for you?
Greenshoes-I usually do get these notices -but not for the missing ones. The first time it happened I assumed I had pressed the wrong thing, but its happened a few times now.
Sanji- a couple of years you would never have thought you would be talking about a RETURN to Australia! You can't get further long haul than that! :)
Well I haven't a clue where to holiday next year am really struggling :( Jet2's flights are out and I'm panicking that I'm missing the bargains.

It's usually me that organises all the holidays as hubby is so laid back he's horizontal, but I've asked him to think about it too as I just haven't got a clue :cry
(ps went to post this message and Fiona has posted in the meantime, so I've got the alert.)
when I go to send a message and another message is being posted, my computer will stop and saying something else has been posted and ask me to review??? Does that not happen for you?

Yup, that system as been in place for the last 8 years to my knowledge.

Sanji
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Well I haven't a clue where to holiday next year am really struggling :( Jet2's flights are out and I'm panicking that I'm missing the bargains.

It's usually me that organises all the holidays as hubby is so laid back he's horizontal, but I've asked him to think about it too as I just haven't got a clue :cry
(ps went to post this message and Fiona has posted in the meantime, so I've got the alert.)

How about Majorca? I hadn't been there for years and the OH and I went last summer and had a great time. Went to a tiny resort and enjoyed to the beach and best of all the flight is pretty quick.
Sanji wrote:
when I go to send a message and another message is being posted, my computer will stop and saying something else has been posted and ask me to review??? Does that not happen for you?

Yup, that system as been in place for the last 8 years to my knowledge.

Sanji

I have had this for aslong as I can remember also but just wondered if Fiona did? I use firefox and what I have learned this week is that depending what IE you use depends on what you see/can do :think
Which resort in Majorca as we do prefer smaller resorts?
We got a last minute deal (literally 4 days before!) and went to Calas De Mallorca. It is a tiny purposed built resort on the north (I think) coast. The beach was beautiful and in a cove and there are lovely cliff walks. We stayed at the Samoa which was ok for a 3 star but we did want the hotel America but it was full. The hotel America is the 4 star and looked lovely. It is a week of chilling out.
;) Yes...my post that I just wrote disappeared too LOL.

I'd said....

Off to Symi, Greece in July...and back to Venice for 4 days in September. We had our long haul in March to Bangkok, Kanchanaburi and Koh Samet. Really must sort out doing some reviews.
BP- so you got the same as me? I'm glad I'm not alone
Chris/Phil will probably see this. It hasn't happened to me but then maybe I have been lucky and not tried to post at the same time as somone. Strange.
Edited for typo.

Yes Fiona - I'd posted it just after Glynis had posted this
Which resort in Majorca as we do prefer smaller resorts?
. Must have submitted mine at same time as Greenshoes.
dont do long haul, been to turkey twice loved the historical sites hated the holiday no intention of ever going back, so far this year been to Malta and Zakynthos, september is Cefalonia and if we can fit another in it will be Kipro [cyprus] next year we have already decided malta in may Kipro in october and if we can fit another then either Rhodos or Madira

wiz
I have heard good things about Malta but never been. Have you been before?
Hi Whiz...have you been to Kefalonia before? Which part are you going to? Been three times.

Why didn't you like Turkey? Over the years we've done Hisaronu/Olu Deniz several times, Turunc and Kalkan and enjoyed each stay. We normally now only go for a week in the summer months normally to Greece, but couldn't do long haul last year so had nearly three weeks backpacking - Corfu straight across to Paxos....Parga on the mainland then back again to Paxos. Long haul is normally backpacking in Cambodia or Thai islands on the Cambodia border - Koh Chang - Koh Mak - Koh Samet.
we went to Side and Bodram now i work with turks and they are in the main a great bunch of lads, but what we saw/found in turkey i would not prin here except to say if they were half a decent as the ones i work with they would both have been terific holidays,

we are back to the Mediteranee in lassi

Yasus
wizard
BP
I havent been back to Greece since we started spreading our wings a bit further but I've actually tried to get OH interested in island hopping. We have been to several Greek islands( and to mainland) but always did it package, now we are a bit more travel savvy I'd like to do a multi stop. Can't persuade him though as long haul can end up not much more than short- if you pick somewhere where daily expensives are a fraction of the cost of Europe. Of course, island hopping may be a bit precarious nowadays as you would expect strikes.
You should go and perhaps buy yourself a bargain island haha
we are back to the Mediteranee in lassi
;) one time we stayed in Nicos apartment which is on opposite side of road to Mediteranee Whizz - it was fantastic - a bungalow in it's own grounds with lemon trees in the garden. When our eldest boy went back few years ago now it had been turned into a gift shop. :duh

That was a package holiday but we contacted their tourist information office (this was about 26 years ago now - before we had internet LOL!) and got the name of a guy from Athens who had accommodation in Argostoli. We just got flights and hoped the accommodation was ok as we had our two boys then aged 6 and 10 years old with us. If it wasn't I'd stay in the square with them having a coffee while O.H. found us somewhere else :rofl - luckily the apartment was fantastic and we booked it a few years later too.

Yes Fiona, it was quite expensive but we had a brilliant time. Even hitched a lift from Paxos to Parga on a daytrippers boat excursion - I was given the captains mobile number and arranged return trip to Paxos too :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.