General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Betty Boop wrote:
Hi Whiz...have you been to Kefalonia before? Which part are you going to? Been three times.

Why didn't you like Turkey? Over the years we've done Hisaronu/Olu Deniz several times, Turunc and Kalkan and enjoyed each stay. We normally now only go for a week in the summer months normally to Greece, but couldn't do long haul last year so had nearly three weeks backpacking - Corfu straight across to Paxos....Parga on the mainland then back again to Paxos. Long haul is normally backpacking in Cambodia or Thai islands on the Cambodia border - Koh Chang - Koh Mak - Koh Samet.

Backpacking round the Thai islands sound great BB. Many years ago I backpacked round the Greek islands and loved the adventure of it all. We slept on the beach in Mykonos one night but the rest of the time we were at campsites with our pup tent - quite warm though :tongue :rofl

I quite fancy Thailand I think :think
Don't think glynis- just get it booked :D
Thailand would be fantastic. I have friend who is recently back from her honeymoon there and her photos are amazing
Fiona wrote:
we are off to Mexico- Playa Del Carmen, at the end of July. First time for me. :)

I'm off to Mexico next year Fi - Cancun first time for me too on the Dreamliner can't wait :cheers
Miss Pink wrote:
Fiona wrote:
we are off to Mexico- Playa Del Carmen, at the end of July. First time for me. :)

I'm off to Mexico next year Fi - Cancun first time for me too on the Dreamliner can't wait :cheers

ohhhhhhh dreamliner sounds dreamy
I'm just one of the plebs on BA economy :rofl
Have never been on BA - but I have heard it's good - I go on a pckage usually I'm not brave enough to go DIY
We backpacked Krabbi, Koh Lanta, Phi Phi, Phuket etc before the tsunami - so really want to keep the memories we had then, which is why we now do the small islands Cambodia side. Were going to go up to Chiang Rai near Burma this year but discovered that March is when the farmers burn their fields so visibility is virtually zero. Got a train to Kanchanaburi instead for 3 days - Bridge Over the River Kwai - also did the Tiger Temple - totally amazing.
The trip we did to the River Kwai and the train journey was brilliant! Very sad in places as well
Well my hols are nowhere near as exotic as your but it's Crete for us this year, all I am
Oohing forward to is some guaranteed sunshine. Bring it on !!!
Crete is exotic enough :cheers have never been but i have heard it's lovely - have you been before
To answer your original post, I wonder if the state of the economy means that far less people will be taking holidays this summer,
Miss Pink wrote:
Crete is exotic enough :cheers have never been but i have heard it's lovely - have you been before

I stayed in Crete for a couple of months with a friend years ago. We had a great time but we were single women :cheers

Wizz is the one to find out info on Greek Islands. I may have gone to one of the Greek Islands but hubby will whinge that it's too hot :(
Would like to go to Thailand Fiona but I've watched Banged up Abroad :rofl
ok my ears are burning......

where abouts on Kritty are you going

yasus
wizard
Yes I have been before butvthat was nearly twelve years ago, that where my oh proposed. So we thought it was about time we took the kids back to see where it all started :rofl
You could be right Helen, or maybe people are all just away enjoying them instead ;)
greenshoes wrote:
I have heard good things about Malta but never been. Have you been before?

From what I have heard it's a love it or hate it place. I love it.
I'm staying put this summer and next. Going to do a couple of touristy things this weekend (well tommorow and Tuesday)
One day I'd like to see the greek islands but not sure the best island for me. (like history etc)
One day I'd like to see the greek islands but not sure the best island for me. (like history etc)

Crete has loads of historic sites Kos has a fair few [ inc, the first hospital where Hipocrates was said to teach] Thesaloniki district has a rich mixed history, avoid the ionian islands and south poleponese as much of the history was distroyed in the big shake of 53, Rhodos [not been yet] but is on my list [im an archiological freak] and although not Greece cyprus has some fantastic sites of which most holiday makers just walk past

yasus
wizard
I never have a summer holiday, I always go later in the year, either September or October.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.