Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
if you do a search on this forum for "dolphins malta" there have been a few postings on this
We went to mexico (yes, I know it's not malta..lol) in 2006 and we swam with dolphins, although the dolphins were well treated I came away very sad and didn't like it at all, it bothered me that they weren't loose in the sea and the thought of them doing the same routines over and over made me really think! I did read about peoples experiances before I went and I couldn't understand why they also felt that way after swimming with dolphins 'until I did it myself'! Some people are fine but make sure you do your research first because there are so many out there that are abused and not taken care of - alot of them have been taken from the wild and not born in captivity which most lead you to believe!

Have a great holiday...susan
Unpleasant subject, however in my opinion swimming with dolphins in an unatural environment is morally wrong, this is merely animal exploitation which by surely by any deffinition is evil under no matter what the circumstances.

Mr & Mrs Sliema2
totally agree there, one should swim out to their enviroment, I still feel guilty about riding the donkeys as a youngster at blackpool, Much is said about the bird trapping in Malta but I wonder how many budgerigars are held captive in cages in u/k homes. :offtop Sorry.
Fair comments, appreciate the honesty!

Have read through the other threads and the general opinions seem mixed, but I'm still not sure it is right!
The cost is pretty astronomical too.
Do Dolphins swim off the island naturally then?
we have been told that if you get up early enough you can sometimemes see them swimming in saint pauls bay but we have never seen them :que but we have seen the finches in tiny cages on some of the balconies the poor birds can just about manage to flit around in their tiny space :rage
And it's really cool, I always had a dream to swim like that, the only problem is that I'm not a very good swimmer, so there is always the fear that I might drown. But now I decided to deal with this problem more drastically, so I'm thinking of enrolling in this swimming school https://3sswim.co.uk . How long do you think it takes to learn to swim as an adult?
On 18th January 2008 at 10:28am, Sliema2 said:
Unpleasant subject, however in my opinion swimming with dolphins in an unatural environment is morally wrong, this is merely animal exploitation which by surely by any deffinition is evil under no matter what the circumstances.

Mr & Mrs Sliema2
I totally agree with you, no matter how well the dolphins are treated, it's still a lot different from their natural environment. People shouldn't swim with them, the dolphins should just live in their natural environment and live their normal life, just like any other wild animal.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.