Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi Schell here some info for you http:// http://www.xploremalta.com price per child is Lm 45 @ £90 spectator Lm 5.75 @ £10.

We went there with my friends young girl age 10 last august they provide life jackets and for the price you get a free towel and flip flops and free lunch. We had a great time there but it will work out expensive
Hi, my neice swam with the dolphins there last year and let me tell you YES it is worth it. When we arrived we were shown a short information film on Dolphins. Then my neice and the rest of the party of swimmers (I would say wroughly 8 of them) were taken to the shower area. There they had to get rid of any trace of make up, hairl laquer etc. They were given fantastic flip flops to wear (which you can keep) + a beach towel (which you also keep) and a vest/type life jacket. Swimmers also get a free drink and sandwich. We were then lead into the pool area. We were spectators so we watched from the side. The swimmers were split into 2 teams. One by one they were given turns in doing different things with the Dolphins. I would say 6-8 activities altogether. Then you have a selection of photos taken with the Dolphins, photos were also taken whilst you take part in the activities. Those pictures were out of this world! WELL WORTH IT! The whole thing cost my neice about £60-£70 :D
I am going to Malta in July and would like to swim with Dolphins. Do I need to book this now or when I get there?
Hi,

I would book before you go if its on your 'Must List', better to be safe than sorry. We booked it through the following people before we went

http://www.holiday-malta.com/mediterraneo/swim_with_dolphins.htm
Thanks for your help. Do they pick you up from your hotel? Do you pay at the time of booking?
Hi Mollie

Yes we were picked up from the Hotel and dropped off again at the end of the day - When you arrive at the park you are given the pick up time for your return journey. We paid in full in advance, this was more through choice than anything else. We booked 2 months before travelling and you are asked to ring the Office when you arrive in Malta to confirm what time you will be picked up from your Hotel.

Ian
We are going to Malta next Tuesday and I have read that there is some where we can swim with dolphins. Does anyone know where this is and how much is is. Thankyou :lol:
Hi Annie ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic, so you may now find some useful info in earlier posts.

David :wave
Hiya Shona & Annie,

Are you really sure this is an activity you "must do"?
Can I offer a wee bit of background to dolphins kept in captivity...see here.

I am not being specific to the establishment you asked about. Only offering additional info before you decide to hand over qiute a considerable amount of money for the privllege.

I have just returned from Sharm in Egypt, and it was a post on this site which brought this situation to my attention. You can see that discussion HERE

Cheers, MrsMac
Dolphins love having the attention and im sure they are well looked after there, atleast they wont be harpooned for soap!

Go for it! :)
I am completely with Mrs Mac on this, as much as I love Malta, the Maltese way of life and in general the Maltese people, it grieves me greatly to say that Malta does not have a very good animal rights record, what with the seemingly indiscriminate hunting of birds, the lack of respect shown to karrozin horses who are allowed to stand all day in the hot sun without water or shade, and the recent shocking story about a terrified rabbit being skinned alive by two low life scum bags in a bar in Zabbar, aswell as endless press stories of other acts of animal cruelty and abandonment, I therefore doubt that these poor dolphins will be very well cared for at all, dolphins by nature are free spirited gregarious creatures who do enjoy certain amounts of human interaction, but surely not imprisonment and the degrading antics that are forced upon them in such humilliating places as these, Malta of course is not alone in this type of cruelty, Greece, Bulgaria and Spain instantly spring to mind, animal cruelty happens all over Europe including the uk, in my opinion anyone who pays to see such degrading acts is sick and is perpetuating animal cruelty by their attendance and financial support so are therefore themselves guilty of continuing the suffering by deffenition.

Sliema2
Was in malta 2 weeks ago and i went swimming with the dolphins it was excellent. I booked it online 4 weeks ago because they are very busy

http://www.marineparkmalta.com/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.