Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
A work coleague (a bit of a numpty) recently went on a Caribbean cruise. One of the excursions was to swim with dolphins.
The participants got a CD of photos of them doing just that, called "Swimming with dolphins."

My boss, on seeing this CD, asked if the dolphins went home with a CD entitled "Swimming with idiots". :lol: :lol:

Mark
Hi Les,
I think it's very unlikely that you will see any Dolphins.....sorry. There are various trips that mention dolphins and even have photos of them so that you part with your cash however, they are very rarely seen!
thanks nemo

i'll break the news to her gently
Hi Les, Can send you some photo's if it helps ha,ha! If you are in Protaras, I would suggest that you avoid the glass bottom boats...from experience, they do not clean the glass and go so fast that if you could see anything it would be gone!!!! There was a new trip last year that we went on from the fishing harbour near the Golden Coast Hotel. We booked it through an excursion office in the town. It is a sea safari on a boat called the Raptor...great fun and saw loads.
Tell me if you want those pics of the Dolphins!
Cheers!
thanks for the offer of pics nemo

i'll put images on a google search :D

will check out the sea safari though it sounds interesting
We go to Protaras each year, we have been on two trips from Ayia Napa as we were desperate to see Dolphins. The sales people said we would see dolphins,they showed us photo's, guess what...no dolphins! After the trip we found out that everyone had been told the same on previous trips and that we were all just unlucky!!!! The local fishermen told us that they are occasionally seen 6/7 miles out to sea!!!
i think the mrs would probably run a mile if one come any where near her any way :D
Hi, we went on the Sea Safari from near the Golden Coast hotel in Protaras last year. The guy that runs the Sea Safari said that there are dolphins around sometimes however they are rarely seen. I looked on their website and there is a map of the areas where dolphins, whales etc are around Cyprus. Have a look on the links page of their site manic-ribs . com
We also spoke to the commercial fishing boat people in the harbour and they said that they see them occassionally and that we should not go out expecting to see one, it would be chance. I hope you and your wife are lucky! :D
Further to what we have said. Dolphins were seen yesterday just off Konnos Bay. Still rarely seen but they are here!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.