Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I think there is but by paying to do so you are contributing to the horrendous cruelty of these magnificant animals. However big their enclosure is, it is not big enough. These animals need to be free to swim the hundreds of miles they are used to in the wild and catch live prey.
i must agree with the previous post, we stayed in orka hotel in ovacik last year and some of the staff did it while we were there they paid £50.00 each , cant remember where they swam but it was an all day trip so an hour or two away from hisaronu i imagine. My kids would love to do it when we go this year but im not sure as i wouldnt be sure if they were looked after propley, or safety issues, but thats just my thoughts, happy hols what ever you decide to do :think
With the best will in the world they can't possibly be looked after properly in captivity. They are meant to be able to swim for many many miles each day and hunt and eat eat live prey. I foolishly went to a dolphin show once and cried, it was so sad to see them in captivity. You can sometimes see them in Turkey if you are sailing. That is the most magical experience. The dolphins are following the boat because they want to and the are free to roam where they wish.
I saw 1 in marmaris last october, it was following the taxi boat, i totally agree with you JMK, i also went to a dolphin show in tennerife a few years ago... i would never go to another one..... however if there was a boat trip that took you out to see them, with the opportunity to jump in and swim with them i would jump at the chance.... as long as i was assured there was no sharks about! :D
There is Dolphinland at Belek near Antalya with dolphin show an opportunity to swim with dolphins after.

http://www.turkish-holidayvilla.com/BELEK-KADRIYE-BEACHES-ON-THE-MEDITERRANEAN-COAST-TURKEY

Its a long way from Hisaronu though.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.