General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
For many years I was a Scout Leader and Canoeing Instructor. I took kids off many times, and whilst it was a requirement in the rules of the Scout Association and the other bodies I worked with that we did so, I would never have taken anyone without the "Permission to Camp" form being completed first. No matter how well I knew them. My wife even completed the forms when I took my own.

Yes, we have discussed the matter many times in the past, but just like me taking your son or daughter off and asking you to give your permission in writing, I see no difference when taking another persons child on holiday.

When I took kids camping/hiking/climbing/caving/sailing/canoeing etc I was the person who would be held responsible if anything went wrong - and it did at times - to do so. Not to be able to prove I actually had the permission in writing would have been not only foolish but dangerous.

fwh
There was a site that charged......but I just used the format of the letter on there and printed one off myself......I have now passed it on for my sons friends parents to fill in thier part......they agree it is needed....so that bits sorted now..... just got the online check in and API to do now......tweetie
Can you cut and paste it onto here so others might make use of it?

fwh
hi fwh.....this is letter of consent I used

I/We, .................................................................. ..........., declare that I/we am/are the lawful Guardian/s of ....................................................., male/female, born ................................., at.(birth place)........................who has a UK passport numbered ................................., which was issued on .................................. at.....................................

My/Our child, .................................................., has my/our consent to travel with.............................................................of (address)............................................,who has a UK passport numbered .............................., which was issued on .................................. at ........................

My/Our child is traveling to .............................................. from the........ ......untill .........,........ and will be staying at..............................................

My/Our child will be leaving on ........................., and returning on July ..........................

In the event that our child requires emergency medical treatment and we cannot be reached,
.......................................................... is authorized to consent to medical treatment in our stead. Any questions regarding this document may be addressed to us at:

PARENTS ADDRESS

Signed............................................Witnessed by............................................

Home Telephone: ..............................................
Work Telephone: ...............................................
Mobile Telephone: .............................................

This letter needs both your details and those of the child and thier parents.....think this would satisfy passport control and cover for emergency treatment ect......have edited and put bigger spaces for details....suppose could now be copy pasted onto a word document if wanted
Hi,
I've been trying to find information on this topic for over a month, and stumbled upon this dialogue. This form is excellent and just what I was hoping for - thankyou so much! Since it's a while ago that your form was posted, does anyone have an update on this thread?
Thanks!
most of the information is still technically correct, there are variants if the children are non British passport holders, but still most of what you need to know is there

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.