EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
check in the local english papers,that is the only place i can think of,unless you speak with english residents in bars etc and ask for advice.good luck
Here in the hills of Almeria we get broadband in ternet through Iberbanda and there is an option to have telephone working through that (though I hear mixed reports on how goodit is). This uses a microwave link and you need line of site to the mast.
I believe they operate throughout Spain and the setup cost was around 100 Euros with a monthly cost of 45 Euros

In an area where we have no hope at reasonable expense of getting mains electricity, water or telephone, we are pleased to have broadband!
If it's an urban area then you should get the line within a fortnight. For ADSL there's a plethora of providers if you don't go with the telefonica option - Wanadoo, Ya, Jazztel etc..
Firstly, it is by no means certain that a landline will be available for you. If you know the area, and your neighbours all have phones, you should be OK. Our estate agent helped us with ordering the phone and we were lucky and got the basic line on the day we moved in. ADSL took about 2 weeks before we got it. In both cases we decided to go with Telefonica, but there are other providers.

You can check if ADSL is available here:

http://www.setsi.mcyt.es

It is in spanish; if you cannot follow it, PM me and I will set out how you do it.

All the connections cost us about €125 plus about €79 for ADSL.

Basic line rental is €17.86 per monthj, with ADSL €39 per month. All figures exclude tax.

Alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.