Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Sunbear,

Glad that you had a good time and thanks for the report.

Phuket is on our "possible" shoping list for next February (if we don't do Cambodia / Laos - or perhaps even if we do!).

I would be grateful if you could let me have details of how you got such a good rate at the Naithonburi - always have an eye out for a bargain and Nai Thon sounds right up our street.

Lanta also sounds good - not sure about the Piccolo restaurant though, was this the cause of the O/H's problems?

Cheers

Peter
sounds like a great holiday but a pity about the illnesses.
It may have been the Piccolo, but then again I was ill after eating elsewhere which may suggest a virus rather than food poisoning, plus we we're only out of action for twenty four hours each.

As for the Naithonburi we got the deal on http://www.phuket.com - part of asia web direct as are latestays.com. Be aware that Nai Thon is very quiet -fine for a few days but you might go bonkers if you stayed longer and it can prove expensive to get to livlier resorts for the evening.

Mind you one of the worst parts of the holiday was getting back and being april fooled by some ingrate while being heavily jet lagged. ;)
Enjoyed reading your report, what a shame you both were sick though!
We recently stayed at the Naithonburi in a Garden Room, I booked through Sawadee.com, cost approx £28 a night with Breakfast. Found this hotel to be very good value, as good as some of the 5* we stayed in on our recent holiday.
Yes its a great hotel for the price. I used to love my early morning walks out of the hotel down the main (only) street in the resort, seeing all the birdlife and the people giving alms to the monks.
Welcome Home Sunbear. Thanks for your great report it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

I love the Naithon Buri and would return in a heartbeat but it's a tad too quiet for my OH not that he's a raver any more (ain't got the stamina :rofl )

Hope you are both feeling better and no lasting effects.

Cheers Geri
Hi Sunbear,

Sounds like you guys had a hectic but a good trip"¦
Hi Henry welcome to the forum.

All a distant memory now! Still musn't grumble as I typing this from my hotel room in Siem Reap, Cambodia after a heavy couple of days templing. Just had to get away from the British weather.
OOO Sunbear! Hope you're enjoying it as much as we did!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.