Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
youre welcome just hope they love it as much as we do, the idyma hotel looked lovely and we had a few lunches there and used their pool quite a few times as its near our apt that doesnt have a pool, the setting was so nice, i took details so i could recommend it to my in laws if they ever wanted to come to akyaka with us
I really need some advice about Akyaka. We have two girls aged 6 and 3 and we love quite quiet resorts with fab restaurants. We like a good atmosphere in the evenings without it being too noisy. We loved Dalyan but hoped Akyaka might be better as the beach is close by for the girls. Is it suitable for young children? Would there be other children in the resort for them to play with? We were looking at the Yucelen Hotel. Can anyone help me!
Akyaka is eminently suitable for young children. We took our daughter when she was 3 and again a year later. The beach is perfect. It slopes very gently, so the water is shallow and warm a long way out. The Yucelen is good - make sure you get only B&B, coz there are so many good places to eat nearby. The Yucelen is right on the beach, with only the width of a footpath between you & the sea. At that end of the beach there's a rental place that does pedloes, canoes etc. that your kids will enjoy. And if you want a bit of life & manic activity, Marmaris is only about 40 mins away by dolmus.

You might try self catering. There are lots of apartments down near the beach, and further up the hill. I've used Mepar Tours, and so has Fionay. But do a bit of searching in this forum & you'll find plenty of other recommendations.

Enjoy.

- Tony -
Oh, and here's a piccy I took of my wife & daughter enjoying the water. The Yucelen is about 20 yards to the left.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b200/apshelbourne/akyaka2.jpg

- Tony -
Yes, I'd agree Akyaka is great for small children, and the Yucelen Hotel. We stayed a couple of years ago before our apartment was completely ready, we were with family including our toddler grand daughter. It's the perfect beach for small children, staying in the Yucelen makes it all every easy, as you are so near everything!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.