Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
no Lez
you don't expect us to wait 4 weeks do you- why not write it in installments whilst you are there? We can all be on a virtual holiday then!
Hello Arlene,

My wife and I stayed in Benaulim for 2 weeks in October 05 also at the Royal Palms. (Did not use their facilities except the pool)

We both echo your sentiments with regard to Goa the smells the friendly people the eating experience so much so we are returning in April for another 2 week top up of the Goa extravaganza.

Very many thanks for your wonderful visit report.

Steve & Chris :P 8)
:lol:
hi last night at home,travelling to gatwick
tomorrow for myt flight all packed and ready,
with lots of goodies for children walking tall.
see you in lazy days march 1st.
ann&john :D :D :D :D
wow, great report! I was literally on the edge of my seat for that last instalment...you really are a talented writer :D
Hi, working on the forgotten chapter....actually it's just a few funny things that happened, probably not worth writing but it might brighten someones' day. Try and post it over the weekend. Thanks for all the nice comments about my writing, I didn't try just wrote as I saw it.

If anyone wants to send me away again, I'll do another! :lol: :lol: :rofl
goa
arlene and bill .thanks for youre report it was wonderful(wipes the tear as she types),ive searched the on line book shops for a happy and tearful story to read on the beaches and guess what, its printed here,what a beautiful ending,nothing could have been better ,wishing you both congratulations on youre engagemen txxxx jan
Great report! felt like i was actually there! (I wish! lol)
Congratulations on your engagement!

keira
-x-
Thanks and congratulations to you to, I think I read another post saying keejaybaby got engaged in Goa too!

Arl
don't think you can get away with not posting your forgotten chapter!!
As a 7th time Goa-holic I can fully understand the magical feeling described in your stories,Goa brings out the best in all of us I think. Your final chapter brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.
Ditto Kays post....... very engrossing posts, felt I was there again........ soooooo glad you enjoyed Goa.......... but then regret that it is changing and getting busier.......... but thats the selfishness in me that doesn't want it to change anymore or get any busier! perhaps kerela be the new Goa??!!
Sorry I've been a bit slack work gets in the way a bit, sobusy at the moment. I'm working on forgotten bits it's gonna include a bit about the dogs, some funny things that happened and a couple of other things.

arl
THE FORGOTTON BITS............WARNINGS & A GIGGLE

Our family met up with a crazy couple from Birmingham. We went to Johncy's and had some lovely food, drink and chat. We all wanted a photograph together so asked a waiter. He learnt how to work the camera and on organising us into the frame, waving one arm said very loudly "sir, madam is not coming!". My wonderfully hormonal eldest lad says "I bet he says that to his wife". Well you can imagine how the photo came out"¦ .

The dogs! Wow! there are loads of them. Generally they are pretty quiet and lounge around under the sun beds or curled up at the side of the road. If they don't have any "V's" cut out of their ears be careful. A big V cut out means they have been neutered and a small V cut out means the have been anti-rabied.
My little girl who is a bit wary of dogs got scared in Margoa. We were wandering down a road and she was in front of us. From nowhere 3 dogs came barking and running at her. She screamed and ran to me and jumped into my arms, while the big and brave daddy shouted and swiped them with his foot to get them away from her. As soon as the local shop keepers heard they came out chasing them off with sticks.
Also, our friend Apollo from Emerciana had to take his nephew to the doctors he had been bitten by a stray and needed the anti-rabies jabs (and then it's not 100% that you won't get rabies), it costs Apollo 700 rps for the jabs.
One of the long termers we met there also got bit on the ankle by a puppy and had to pay the doctor for the Jabs, he was charged 1200 rps each jab of which he needed 8 jabs.

Make sure you drink lots of fluids (and not the kingfisher variety!:) ) I must have seen about half a dozen people fainting from dehydration. The waiters are great though and run out with bottles of water and then the chef comes and splashes ice all over the head of the faintee.

If the beach sellers get too much before they have chance to speak to you, tell them they must loves necklaces, t-shirts or what ever they have because they have lots of them and walk off or just keep everything in a towel and as they approach try and sell them your things or pick your stuff up and leg it!

There was a man taking photo's with a mobile of me and a friend in our bikini's, it was very intimidating not knowing what he was going to do with it. We were with one of the long termers that day. He went up to him and said "We have only come here today to see our policemen friends. They will be here in minute, I'm telling them about you, you stay here until they arrive"

The man dissolved into tears and ran to us a begged our forgiveness, he then deleted the photo's of which he had about 20 or so of western women in their bikini's. I don't think he'll do it again. Our friend scared him quite a bit just by threatening with the police.

Oh, I also learnt to ride a scooty side saddle while there.

I think that's about it.

Until next year that is............
I love the bit about the photos on the camera and have been in the same position myself, it does indeed feel very uncomfortable. Hey my hubbys a copper so I can get him to spin a yarn to them!!! Tee hee :wink:
HI, I've just uploaded 20 photo's of our holiday, hope you can work out which photo goes with which bit of the report from the description. :?: Maybe fiona will provide a link,once they are put into the goa album.
Loved reading your great report..I am so glad you enjoyed yourselves so much. :D
:D Hi Arltogoa,

have really enjoyed reading your reports and your photos are absolutely lovely, your engagement cake looks beautiful.................and don't even get me started about that piccy of the lobster.............mmmm, can't wait to go and try it all for myself, but meanwhile thanks for sharing your holiday experiences with us.
Cheers
Scruffyish :P
PM me when you see the photos in the Goa album and I will give the link!

They are there now! (Haven't managed to look at them yet as nipped on at work!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.