Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
VICTORY - VICTORY - VICTORY - Thankyou to all contributors

I have today received the following letter from TUI TRAVEL plc
------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir,

RE: Mr D***d C******r v TUI UK Limited (T/A Thomson Airways)
Northampton County Court
Claim Number: 9QT/*****

We are in receipt of you court claim issued via Money Claim Online

We can confirm a cheque to the amount of £62-50 (£37-50 excess baggage and £25.00 court fee) has been requested with our Accounts Department today in full settlement of your court claim. The cheque will follow under separarte cover and will be sent to the above address.

We will inform the court today that this matter has been settled. The court will also require confirmation from you in relation to this matter therefore please contact the court at your earliest convenience.

We are sorry for any convenience caused by the confusion at Luxor Airport.

Yours sincerely

J***y K*****s
Customer Litigation Executive
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your story and its happy ending with us!
We are sorry for any convenience caused by the confusion at Luxor Airport.

Did they ???
Sorry. Typo. Should be inconvenience. Thanks to sharp eyed watcher. My euphoria I guess.
We are flying to the caribbean in 2 days time, after much emailing to customer services at Thomsons and going to the local shop (who say luggage is 25kg case, 5kg hand luggage as tickets say 25kg) we still dont know how much we are allowed to take. I have sent them 2 letters of complaint about not know and we still dont know. At present I have emailed our local MP to see if he can get a response, but I doubt it. Thomson's customer service is rubbish, will think twice next time. What would happen if I had a really serious complaint. I suppose i will just have to throw my clothes out of the case if it is too heavy. Hey ho.
cfynn1810

This depends on what you have actually booked - package, platinum, al a carte, flight only, premium seating etc. Try this link. Hope this helps. Where are you going in the caribbean? Have a good holiday.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/legal/baggage-allowance.html
At present I have emailed our local MP to see if he can get a response

cos he's got nothing better to do!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.