Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
welcome to HT. You certainly were put through the wringer.
As an interim measure she has now made another car booking for us, this time arranging for it to be delivered to the hotel and advised that all the other issues resulting from the saga would be definitely investigated and we would be informed of the outcome. Obviously financially the car hire gesture will make up for the massive cost of phone calls but I am still angry over all the time I have wasted trying to sort out.

Are you saying that the car hire is now free?
Dear SWester, I hope the phrase "it can only get better" applies here as you've certainly been messed about. Last year I put a complaint into Thomson as did my family, who were on the same holiday but live 40 miles away. Apart from sending my dad, the letter they had sent to me (and it still had my name and address at the top :really !!) it was fairly obvious that they just weren't bothered. Louise
Thanks.

Yes. To cover the massive cost of 0870's they have now booked the car for us and financially we are now no worse off and have broke about even. However the way their customer services have treated us is terrible and I would have thought a further gesture as an apology, ie a couple of excursions or similar as a thankyou would not be unrealistic.

Ps:- I meant to do a better headline [Thomson:- Car Hire / Web Problem Warning) but pressed the submit button too early.
Hi and welcome to HT!

I have edited the title for you.

luci :wave
probably best to send them a copy of your phone bill showing your costs and all the phonecalls you had to make and ask them to cover it.
The car hire they have now arranged obviously compensates for the phone costs, but what cost do I put on all those days worrying about potentially having our holiday ruined. And how can they really make ammends for such rude and abusive call centre staff?
I guess Thomson feel that as you have not incurred additional costs, you've been compensated.
However, covering the amount it cost you to sort it out does not compensate for all the hassle you've gone through. It's about time tour operators were made to pay up for all the distress and frustrations they cause customers with their sub-standard customer service and premium rate call charges.
Whenever you are faced with an 0870 number go to http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

I used it today for Insure and Go and got a free phone number from the above site :tup (You might not be that lucky but they should give you a national number)
what a run around they have given you, it would be a lovely gesture if you wrote to customer services, and told them about the thomson team leader who sorted all this out for you , without that one lady, your holiday would have a sting to it....

i am glad you got it sorted, and hope you have a lovely time.
In my official letter of complaint I did mention one particular girl who did try her hardest to help, even though she was only the switchboard operator at the head office. When I eventually discovered the head office number opposed to the 0870 one, Sarah was the only person to genuinely feel and care about our situation. She really tried her hardest to connect me to a senior manager but none of them wanted to take the problem on.

Hopefully somebody in authority who has now been tasked with investigating the whole affair will get in touch soon and I will certainly mention the team leader who has eventually progressed the issue.

My vision of Thomson is that it is a massive company, strange that without one person who is prepared to champion the cause the whole place grinds to a standstill?

On a positive note our tickets arrived today so the excitement is starting to mount, really looking forward to the holiday now.
Hi everyone.

Thomson Customer Support Update

I said I would update you all if and when Thomson replied to my official letter of complaint. Interestingly although they insist on complaints being sent in by post, they obviously find it acceptable to respond by e-mail!!

They have booked a car for us now and promised it will be delivered to our Hotel and as a "gesture of goodwill" they are paying for it. However taking into consideration all my phone costs (let alone time spent) I have actually come off a whole "¦"¦.. wait for it "¦"¦drum roll "¦"¦. £3.21 better off than I was all those weeks ago when I initially booked.

Thomson in their e-mail response state they think what they have offered is a "fair offer""¦"¦effectively this equates to £3.21 to be ignored, passed here there and everywhere, have the phone put down on me repeatedly, promised call backs and general poor customer service"¦. And that is a Fair Offer??

I suppose technically they do not have any obligation to do any more than this, but I would just like to conclude by saying I have certainly learned more about Thomson over recent weeks and will certainly learn a lesson for future holidays.

They have still not, despite correcting their website ever thanked me for advising them of their error.

In their e-mail they quote"¦. "I appreciate your comments and I am sorry that the booking process has not run as smoothly as we would have hoped. We continually monitor and take on board customers comments to improve the services we offer. Please be assured that steps will be taken should any remedial action be necessary".

I have one question following this and that is how many L's in Boox?

Translated into English their response means "we will send out a relatively standard reply to keep the customer happy, but we do not accept responsibly for our mistake. We will say remedial action will be taken but to cover ourselves we will also insert the word "should" "¦"¦ that way we can close out this whole affair and do nothing else.

Thoughts please .... is it time to just accept Thomson for what they are?
So what do YOU want?

There was an error, mistake call it what you want but you have now been recompensed.

Companies do take notice of comments although it often takes time to filter through the system.

Your complaint is with Thomson - look though the postings here on HT and you will find they are no different from any of the other TOs or many companies who are subject to customer complaints.

Personally I think that everything has been said on this topic.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.