Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Yes thats what I did with this booking Hbrac. Rang to get a better price than I was getting from Portland . It worked but I now have a booking in Newcastle when I live in Essex.
The downside is that if you want to change the booking, for example amend to a different holiday/date, you have to go through that branch only even if your local shop is more convenient
Yes found that out too Hbrac . 3 times I contacted them about my tickets and they fobbed me off each time with they should be with you any day knowing they were posted 3 weeks before . Every time I phoned the main thomson number I was told I had to go through the agent . I lost my patience in the end and told customer service that I was having no joy with the agent and fed up with nobody answering the calls . He kindly dealt with it for me .

It's certainly making things unnecessarily difficult. My original booking was actually with Portland over the phone . I had a portland confirmation and 2 weeks later a Thomson one

lyn
Many thanks for all your assistance in sorting out our holiday and the problem over late arrival of the tickets. As I said on the telephone, I only have two complaints - the rising prices - not the fault of Thomson or yourself, and the transfer, which is far more serious.
When we were delivered to the hotel we were given a leaflet telling us that we would be dropped off at the nearest bus stop - supposedly because of local traffic regulations - and collected from the same spot.

The rep did get off the bus and walk us the 100 to 150 yards to the hotel. Fine!

We were told our pick up time would be 18.25 and we should be at the bus stop twenty minutes before. We were, indeed some people were earlier than us. The bus did not arrive until 18.38 - there were only a few passengers on board. We did several stops picking up after us.

I commented to the rep that the bus was late. His reply was "If you don't like the transfers then get a taxi"
There had been no apology for the lateness, which would have immediately have resolved the matter.

Please consider that we are not talking about young 25 year olds here but mostly retired people. The weather forecast was for possible rain that day and it was quite cold. If it had been raining then everyone would have been very wet even if the bus had been on time.

The attitude of your representative was not conducive to good customer relations, in particular the aggressive manner in which he made the comment.

If people with mobility problems had been involved the trek to and from the bus stop would not have been very easy. Strange that other TOs buses managed to stop outside the hotels irrespective of the so called local regulations. Sorry to go on but that one incident spoiled what was a great holiday. We all have off days when dealing with customers but taking out our frustrations on them shows a complete lack of professionalism.

It has not put us off booking with Thomson and I hope to speak with you in the near future to book another holiday.

I have now got my complaint resolved with a £50.00 voucher against another holiday. I have pasted my complaint above. At no time did I ask for any compensation , or expect any. I was making what I felt was a fair comment.

I had started it on March 4th with a call to the young lady with whom I had made the booking. I telephoned her to say thanks. She had stayed there last year and advised us on a pool view room as being the best. I felt when I made my complaint that I was doing so as fair comment/feedback, nothing more.

Still now we have a bit more off our next Thomson holiday.

fwh
fwh
I think I would have complained about the rep's attitude too.

Rudeness, regardless of how under pressure a person may feel, is inexcusable especially when it is in response to a non-agressive comment.
I hope that Thomson will deal appropriately with this person who represents (because that is EXACTLY what a rep does) their company.
Very often the rep is the only person that a holidaymaker will see face-to-face.
Good for you Frank. Dont let that voucher gather dust now will you . :)
Which is why I did so. I never fill in questionnaires as I feel they are simply a way of getting names and addresses for mailing lists. They are boxes for people to tick. What newspaper I read or brand of toothpaste I use is nothing to do with my holiday. I do however write with compliments/suggestions as well as complaints.

I do have sympathy for some of the people who post here on HT asking for help. Some of the stories are horrendous, but many are simply people having a gripe. My complaint was simply about the attitude of the rep, it was an inconvenience the trail to the bus stop. My point about disabled person and weather was something I felt had not been addressed.

If everyone took a little time to write with their comments, good as well as bad, perhaps things might change. It is not so easy to ignore when you get paid a compliment. It is very easy when someone complains.

fwh
Thanks for replying Lyn :)
Received my tickets this morning thank goodness.
Such small and trival things I couldn't be bothered to complain and how it could spoilt an other wise great holiday, well what can I say.
It's all a bit scary i fly out on 2nd May 09 when should i expect my tickets, I booked with FC but now they are part of Thomson's.........? :(
I wouldnt worry . It only seems to be only a problem with tickets issued over 4/5 days at the start of march . Problem with the ticketing machine apparently . I'm sure yours will be fine .
LOL I hope so they have already change my accomodation and down graded it so i don't get free drinks also drinks on arrival i rec'd the letter Monday i got £140 back. It was meant for a surprise for the family so that's not happening hopefully the weather will make up for it. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.