Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Buggiba/Qawra has many bars and I'm sure you will find a few bars that will be to your liking. If you want it to be a little like Benidorm or Magaluf then you could always take a trip into Paceville for a night, although I wouldn't recommend taking the children.
The bars in the area where you are staying close very very late so don't worry too much.
Thanks for the reply. I hope there will be some bars that will be what we are looking for, but taking children means the hol will be far more chilled out than normal so we are not wanting it to crazy. Its all booked now so fingers crossed! :)
Hi there borogirl, you will find in Malta children are welcome in bars and restaurants but you will have to find some that are suitable, most hotels will arrange babysitting for you for a small charge please ask at reception.

have a great holiday

inselli ghalik

alan
A little info re' the beaches for the little ones. Your closest sandy beach is Mellieha, a ten minute bus ride away it is perfect for the little ones being in a bay that has shallow warm water up to about 50 meters out . Be warned though that in summer it gets very busy especially at weekends. The buses can not cope on the return journey due to the amount of passengers. so plan to leave the beach a little earlier then everyone else or you could always get a taxi back which will cost around £10.00.

There is also a water park at Bahar ic-Caghag, which is about a 5 min bus journey away that is in the opposite direction of Mellieha, along the coast road. Hope you all enjoy your holiday!
m&n
Hello to all,

Bad news we have just had some problems with the booking. We can not all fit in one room so only alternative is to go in two rooms and pay 4 adult prices and one child price. Is this the norm? Why doesnt anyone cater for larger families? :(

We really want to go to malta any ideas? :roll:
Hello boro girl,
Sorry to hear you are having problems booking.
Am I correct in assuming you are a party of 2 adults and 3 children?
I live in Malta and my family have stayed at the Bugibba Holiday Complex 7 times when they have been over to visit me, from what I have seen I think you will find a room big enough at the BHC for you all.
Firstly you could try contacting the forum member "BugibbaHC" who is involved with Island hotels, owners of the Bugibba Holiday Complex.
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=60095

My sister and her three daughters aged 17,15 & 12 stayed there last August. My sister and the 17 year old paid adult prices the 15 and 12 year olds as child rate, booked through Thomson. They had a self catering apartment so the child rate applied up to age 16 years. Last year you could up grade to B&B, HB, FB or AI when you arrived at the hotel if you wished.
The apartment my sister had would very easily fit another bed to accomodate an extra 2 year old if you ask directly they may have an option for you. I have posted a few photos on another thread, you can see the rooms are quite spacious.
(they were tidy when they arrived :oops: )
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=19582&start=20
Hope this helps - best of luck
boro girl,

Do yourself a favour and price some flights up yourself with Gb Airways(ba.com) Air Malta(airmalta.com) and BritishJet (maltabargains.com).
Then contact a few hotels direct and compare the prices on offer!
Hi Boro Girl,

Whoever is stating that the four of you do not fit in the room is not correct at all. Your agent seems to be trying to pull a bit of a fast one on you. It is correct that not all rooms can accomodate 4 persons, but they all can take 2 adults and 2 young children.

You will be amazed at the amount of money you can save when booking direct with the hotels even in the peak summer months. If you wish I will be more than happy to give you an official quotation for a room suitable for the four of you.

You can contact me directly. My E-mail address can be found on my information. or just send me a private message

Thanks
trevor
Hello all,

GREAT NEWS! we are booked up! We managed to get 2 rooms at the bugibba holiday complex

Me and my little girl in one on a bed and breakfast board = £550.00
My friend and her two boys in the other bed and breakfast = £720.00

27th july right in school summer hols for one week, we thought this wasnt a bad deal!

What do you think?
Malta here we come!!! :wink:

regards
boro girl
Pleased to hear that boro girl, I thought you would find something.
The price seems about right, my sister paid only about £100 less for one week at the BHC mid-August 2005, but her group was 2 adults & 2 kids and she was self catering. She also had to book early being restricted to that particular week for her work leave and girls' school holidays (1 daughter uni & 2 secondary)
My old school friend did manage to get a very good deal when she booked just a week previous for the last week July 2005 through lastminute.com - herself, husband and their 6 year old at the 4* Halland Hotel £852 - apparently Butlins for the same week would have cost them £100 more!
Anyway, I am sure you will enjoy yourselves, the bus station is only a few minutes walk from the BHC, you can explore most of the island very cheaply by bus. There are quite a few bars in the area for the evenings, last year there was a nightly entertainment programme at the BHC and a kids club, I am sure you will find more than enough to fill your week.
hello again,

I am sure we will have a great time. We are counting down the days. I know the bhc has not had such good reports, but looks fine to me. I am sure i will like it i am very easy pleased! :D

Regards
Boro girl
Hope you have a good time Boro Girl.We stayed in the BHC last year and had a lovely holiday.Rooms are basic but clean.Only ate there one morning(complimentary brekkie which was good) so cant tell you much about the food. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.