Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
toiletries
52 Posts
you name it you can get it in GOA
:tup Karen :sun2
I can recommend the ranges from Biotique and Himalaya,for shower gels and shampoo, both use natural ingredients.
x lassi
Do bring your own preferred sun tan lotion and after sun. Not much choice in Calangute in tanning products and after sun is almost non-existant.
Toothpaste over here doesn't seem to have fluoride in it and is very cheap, shampoo is more costly and is likely to be designed for dark hair, soap is cheap, toothbrushes are also cheap to buy. Anyone coming to the Mango House is more than welcome to take a bottle as the children / volunteers rarely use it (and people leave it at the end of the holiday)...
I am blonde and don't have a problem buying shampoo in Goa - things have changed alot recently. Even the dollar shop in Panjim has a good selection of "european" type shampoo.
Buy mine at hairdressers or at the toiletries shop on Calangute High Street - opposite Johnnys chemist.
narial where is the doller shop in panjim please ....
you can buy everything in newtons in candolim :tup
well, as someone who ended up in Goa with no luggage I can assure you that toiletries are easy to buy in Goa :)
Dollar shop is opposite Hotel Fidalgo on 18 June Road in Panjim.
do be careful with the garnier face cream in green and white tub a lot of people including myself have suffered eye irritation while using it.its definitely not the same as the one you buy in UK
chilly
Do bring your own preferred sun tan lotion and after sun. Not much choice in Calangute in tanning products and after sun is almost non-existant.

We always buy all our sun creams & sun block in Goa they are widely available we use the Grovemark & lotus products which are manufactured in India, very reasonably priced, and are as good as any UK brands

Mids
thanks for the tips on toiletries i think i shall buy them in goa.
This is handy to know as about 10kg of my luggage is always my toiletries on the way out, cant remeber seeing any last year but wasnt looking. :)
Im only going to bring shower gel this year all the rest of the stuff is for next to nothing (soap toothpaste ..toothbrush's all about 10p ......its not worth bringing them all that way like Chrissy81 said they weigh a lot ....colleen BTW the good whitening tooth paste that cost's about £3 or £4 here is 44p in goa and that's the big 100ml size I bring 6 home every time we go .....colleen
I did not find cheap suntan lotion when we were there. In fact it was way more expensive than in the UK. Obviously not looking in the right places :) Everything else was fine.
I've never managed to find sun tan lotion at a good price in Goa. If you shop around now (as we haven't had a summer) you can usually find good knockdown priced lotion at most big stores here in UK.

I've also bought loads of packets of tissues at Lidl/Aldi here as you never know when you may need them!

Everything else I've bought in Goa.

'Himalaya' products are dirt cheap in Goa and great!
thats one of the things i always take sun tan lotions as i like to be sure they work!! i only take enough for the first month and after that everybody who stays leaves theirs behind...dead handy!! :D
chilly
I always take my own toilet rolls, as I hate the Indian ones. They just don't do triple ply, luxury, extra soft, cushioned, extra long and perforated ones!!!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.