Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
First you do not tell us when you booked or with whom.

Any company involved in a takeover is bound by rules and regulations. Many companies may be in talks for months before the information is made public. Quite often all they are doing is talking.

Only hostile bids are publicized.

fwh
i booked a holiday with one company. I rang them today to be told that they have been taken over by faraway holidays and that this company will deal with us from now on.

I have had no previous warning about this. Only found out by chance.

Should the company i booked the holiday with have written to me to inform me?
I see no reason for them to do so. I have already said that until it was official then they are not allowed to make it public.

Unless you can prove you were told that they were in the process of being taken over when you booked, and you specifically stated to them that you did not wish to take a holiday with the new company, then there is nothing you can do.

fwh
Who was your original tour operator?

Do you know why they were "sold" to the other tour operator? If they had financial issues and their bond was called in by the CAA, isn't it better that your booking was transferred to another operator so your holiday plans continue, rather than you being left without a holiday!
I think he is talking about Malaysia Experience (if he has posted on another forum).

I wasn't aware of this one, took me by surprise, and I still havn't seen anything in print. However, if they have been taken over by Faraway Holidays, it is actually Travelzest who have taken them over. Travelzest are a group of venture capitalists who have taken over a number of niche tour operators (there is consolidation happening all over the industry).

http://www.travelzestplc.com/tvz/groupcompanies/portfolio/

There will be a number of cost-cutting measures introduced I'm sure, however, they would not have been taken over if they were not a successful, financially viable company. And if they had excellent customer service, Travelzest are not going to strip that out.

I would anticipate not a tiny iota of differences to your holiday, or problems at all.
Yes that is the agent taken over.

Sam can I ask you if this new company is now liable for any problems we may have, for example if the "defunct" operator does not send the booking to them or sends erroneous details.
Hi Rupert,

The new company should be liable, in fact your existing consultant is probably still employed by them so give them a call. I'm not aware of any issues with them, so they have probably been taken over for 'good' reasons rather than 'bad' reasons!

Whatever they were sold for, their 'assets' would include you and your booking, so it is in their interest to ensure you are looked after.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.