General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Direct Holidays have a price promise for next year's hols. After booking, if the price comes down, they will refund the difference. They are usually a lot cheaper than other tour operators to start with, so anyone thinking of booking a holiday should have a look at their brochure or website.
If one Tour Operator adopts a 'Price Promise', then I would assume all other Tour Operators will follow suit?

The same thing happens with Supermarkets, does it not? So I assume we are about to witness a Holiday Price 'War'? :roll:
:D Sanji - enjoyed reading that!!! :rofl

Skinnybot- we usually always book with direct, but have you seen their prices for next year? Extortionate (Spelling!), no wonder they have bumped their prices up, with a promise like that. I have priced up quite a few of their holidays for next year, and I have found the same holidays cheaper with other Tour Operators. Anyone else found this? Regards, BBB.
Hi BBB

Yes I noticed Direct's holidays were much more expensive in the brochure and on the web when I got my brochure in April. But in the covering letter was a voucher for £75 off (if booked before mid-June) so I booked for Summer 07.

Less than a week later I noticed on the My Travel website that my holiday was cheaper with them!! I rang Direct and mentioned the Price Match Promise which they gave me plus a further £10 off. I was well chuffed. There is still the Lowest Price Promise(which I think finishes soon) but this has never kicked in.
I have booked for next year with Direct and the hotel I booked is also in Thomas Cook and Cosmos. Direct was about £800 cheaper than other two. I agree that prices are extortionate, but still find that direct holidays usually work out the cheapest. I still always shop around though, and don't book until I am certain that I have negotiated the best price.
I am trying to leave it last minute for my august hols (departing 18-21st, school hols :yikes ) so reading this about price wars i was well excited - Have been checking price daily.

But so far since the weekend they have been reduced £10pp - So good - but not great!!

But ill keep waiting & watching in anticipation :D

LA
A good site to visit, to see what deals may be available, is; http://www.instantlates.co.uk/ . You can search from various airports and destinations. Worth a look.

Robby :wink:
Just out of curiosity, I've priced my holiday again ( I booked it 8 weeks ago)
and the price has gone up by £150!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.