General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
pricing things up for next year, i find holidays have gone up by hundreds of pounds.

this will just force people to go diy, so i hope its true , and they are too bring prices down...................but i doubt it will ever happen.
Don't know about next year, but according to some of the papers travel agents/tour operators are practically giving away holidays for this year.
Didn't see any evidence of this when trying to book a late deal a few weeks ago! :?

Andy.
I have booked our hol for August next year already - I found it to be a good deal and had time to save for it... I didn't find it to be drastically reduced though...

It was £2,600 for 2 adults to Florida for 3 weeks, 11 nights at the Sheraton Studio City on I Drive and 10 nights at All Star Movies...
Weve booked for Cyprus next year and found the prices rather extortionate(spelling) compared to this year.
Does this mean if they do bring the prices down, we will pay the lower final price or will we have to pay the price which we booked it for?

I have noticed holidays booked for now are really cheap. My neighbours parents have just booked to go Wednesday to Fuengilrola, 11 nights for 2 for just under £600. A bargain I think.
Does this mean if they do bring the prices down, we will pay the lower final price or will we have to pay the price which we booked it for?

You will find that the price you agreed on at the time of booking is going to be the price you'll pay irrespective of any future price increases or decreases (apart from increases/decreases in VAT/Taxes).

It's a gamble you take.

Mark :D
Well I find that absolutelly shocking, what a rip off :twisted: :twisted:
It won't be shocking if the price of the holiday suddenly increases though :wink:

As with all holidays booked well in advance, you are going to take a gamble with future price changes.

Best not to look at prices any more once you have booked :wink:

We only book early to get free child places as one of our weeks always co-incides with school holidays, so saves us a small fortune anyway.
So Mark, what you are saying is if the prices go up we will only pay the original invoice price, yes?
That is indeed the case for the majority of tour operators. But always check the small print in the brochure you're booking the holiday from, just in case this does not apply.

Thanks Mark.
Just checked and your right. :lol: Let's hope the prices rocket :? then I know I will be getting a bargain :rofl
Just checked and your right. Let's hope the prices rocket then I know I will be getting a bargain

With the war that is presently going on between Israel and Lebanon...that will only mean one thing.....the price of oil will increase, which will mean aviation fuel prices will rise......despite the fact, that airlines buy their fuel the previous year at that years prices, looking at the stock market and buying when the price in dollars for a barrell of oil is at its lowest....they still pass the increase on to the passengers. :evil:

SanJi x
Kamari wrote:
according to some of the papers travel agents/tour operators are practically giving away holidays for this year

Well that is basically what I heard, or thought I heard on a radio news bulletin in my car on Saturday morning, but I'm sure the DJ said next year. And if I heard him correctley, he said it was something to do with Wimbledon and The World Cup....but I tend to have my volume down in the car, so I did not catch all of the item.
We are quite fussy with our holidays, and put alot of research into finding the right place for us, but still shop around.

I personally think that the bargains are if you are not fussy or do an allocation on arrival.
BHIC, he was talking about this years holidays. According to the papers, and I've just read another bit about it this morning, because people have been staying home to watch the world cup and wimbeldon there is supposed to be a glut of holidays available.

Andy.
Thanks for clarifing that Andy :wink:

I can see why there may be a temporary glut of holidays floating around at the moment because of the world cup and wimbledon.

Next year.?.......pigs may fly. :lol:

Sanji x
after having to change my greek holiday due to the hotel not being built properly i can assure you there are not that many holidays available.

we needed 8 flight seats, somehwere between 19 july -23 july and the prices were so high for what was left!

we are now off to the canary islands.
after having to change my greek holiday due to the hotel not being built properly i can assure you there are not that many holidays available.

Not sure about there not being that many holidays available, but what is available doesn't seem to be as cheap as the papers are trying to make out. Out of interest I just went on-line and checked out the "latest" price for my own holiday. For the exact same holiday, flights, hotel, dates etc., the price is now two hundred pounds dearer than when we booked.
Local travel agents said they could match the on-line price, but only one offered to beat the price, and then only by £20-£30 pounds.
That is for the end of September to Greece so not what would be termed as "high season" dates.

Next year.?.......pigs may fly.

Would it be to early to try and book seats on these pigs Sanji? :) :)

Andy.
Andy wrote:
BHIC, he was talking about this years holidays. According to the papers, and I've just read another bit about it this morning, because people have been staying home to watch the world cup and wimbeldon there is supposed to be a glut of holidays available

Thanks Andy, I knew I was not mis hearing things...I just could not recall what year he was talking about, but I recal the bits about the World Cup etc....anyway, thanks for clarifying that point for me.

My query has now been answered, thank you Andy

Andy wrote:
Would it be to early to try and book seats on these pigs Sanji?
:rofl
Would it be to early to try and book seats on these pigs Sanji?

Andy....
SSA ....Sanji`s Swine Airline is now available to book over the internet.

My airline has several types of aircraft in operation.
767`s, known as the hog fleet
737`s known as the belly pork fleet
Airbuses known as the pot bellied fleet.

My seating arrangements are ...
Boar class
Sow class
and your luggage will be handled by the pork scratching that I employ at several airports around the UK....unfortunately because of swine fever controls that the British goverment have in practice at this present time, I am unable to offer flights from outside the UK....especially at Loin airport.

Meals on board at rip off prices will be offered, these will always include bacon, sausage, porkpie and ham hocks.
you`ll be guaranteed to have the trotters on my airline. :wink:

Urm...I think I had a silly moment there :oops: .. must be time for my meds :rofl
SanJi x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.